Aspose Barcode Tools

I just downloaded the trial version.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Following the Online Help, I started Visual Studio 2010 / Visual Basic and added the Aspose References.

But, when I try to add a component to the Toolbox, I get an error message.

Is there something dieffernt regarding Visual Basic 2010 ? I want to use the WP7 (Windows Phone 7)

controls. Is there a code sample for WP7? Which is the orrect download?

Thank you very much in advance.

This message was posted using Email2Forum by sheliah.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose products.

If your requirement is to add the Aspose.BarCode for .Net control to the Visual Studio 2010 Toolbox, so you can drag n drop the control on either Windows Forms or Web Forms. Please follow the below link to a technical article on the subject.
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/integrate-with-visual-studio-net.html

If your goal is to create a “Smart Device Project” using Visual Studio 2010 then you need to check the below link for your reference. As Visual Studio 2010 does not fully support mobile application development.
Smart Device Development | Microsoft Learn

Regardless of Visual Studio version, Aspose.BarCode provides the compatibility with Compact Framework. You can find the assembly (Aspose.BarCode.Compact.dll) in .net2.0 folder of your installation directory. Also, there are many helpful articles and source code examples to guide you through the process of creating windows mobile applications.

Please check the following link for your reference,
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/using-with-microsoft-net-compact-framework.html

In case you have further questions or comments then feel free to write back

Regards,

Hi,

thank you very much for your response.

It seems that this doesn't fit with Your Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.WP7.dll

Is there a code sample for this version ?

Thanks in advance again.

Kindest Regards

Manfred

Everything works fine with Windows Form.

How to declare

Dim reader as BarCodeReader ...........

in the WP7 environment ??

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

Sorry for not mentioning Windows Phone 7 platform earlier in my reply. Aspose.BarCode for .Net supports WP7 development via Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition.

I am afraid, at the moment there are no online examples related to this subject but I am preparing an example for your reference. I will soon attach a sample project with my reply.

I apologize again for your inconvenience.

Hi again,

Please find attached a Windows Phone 7 sample project. The archive also contains the required Aspose.BarCode assembly.

Regards,
manfredb:

How to declare

Dim reader as BarCodeReader ...........

in the WP7 environment ??

Hi,

Please find below the source code in VB.NET for your reference,

[VB.NET]

Dim reader As New Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader(...)

Hi Babar,

thanks a lot for this sample.

It is a C sample. I will try to figure out how to do the same in VB 2010.

If there was a VB sample by any change I would appreciate to get one.

Another question : Code39 is supported only. Is there a license file to be able to encode other barcodes ?

Thank you in advance for your soon response.

Kindest Regards

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

I am afraid, at the moment I just have C# example. But I don’t think converting it to VB.NET will be a great effort.

Please check the release notes. You will notice that a lot of commonly used barcode symbologies are supported for Windows Phone 7 platform. I have provided the Code39 sample because in evaluation mode, you can only recognize this symbology with Aspose.BarCode for .NET.

You can also get a temporary license for 30 days if you want to test the product at it’s full capacity. Please follow the instructions provided in below linked web page,
http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/temporary-license.aspx

Hi Babar,

I received a temporary license, but when I add it, I getan error message : "This license is not valid for this product"

Regards

Manfred

Hi,

The assembly in sample project is from the version when Aspose.BarCode for .NET supported Windows Phone 7 platform. Please try again with latest version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET assembly.

If you still find difficulties then please send us the License file in an archive via a private message.

Hi Babar,

I tried the temporary license using the WP7 dll, but get the following error message :<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

System.InvalidProgramException was unhandled

Message=Attempt to access the method failed: System.Reflection.Assembly.GetName()

StackTrace:

at ...cctor()

at Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.License.SetLicense(String licenseName)

at BcdTest.MainPage.btnDecode_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Phone.Shell.ApplicationBarItemContainer.FireEventHandler(EventHandler handler, Object sender, EventArgs args)

at Microsoft.Phone.Shell.ApplicationBarIconButton.ClickEvent()

at Microsoft.Phone.Shell.ApplicationBarIconButtonContainer.ClickEvent()

at Microsoft.Phone.Shell.ApplicationBar.OnCommand(UInt32 idCommand)

at Microsoft.Phone.Shell.Interop.NativeCallbackInteropWrapper.OnCommand(UInt32 idCommand)

Is the temporary license for the Windows Form only ?

Do I need another one for the Windows Phone 7 environment ?

I added the license file as an Embedded Resource and used the following code in the app :

'Instantiate the License class

Dim license As Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.License = New Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.License()

'Pass only the name of the license file embedded in the assembly

license.SetLicense("Aspose.BarCode.lic")

Thanks in advance for your soon response.

Kindest Regards

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

The License file is for the Aspose.BarCode component regardless of the platform it is used on.

For our review, please send us your application and the license file in an archive. You can send the application by selecting the “Contact” button on this thread and then select “Send Babar.Raza an email”.

We will look into it very soon.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi again,

Thank you for the sample project.

I am afraid, I was unable to set the license so I have logged a ticket (id: 32568) in our tracking system to probe further into this issue. As soon as we receive any updates, we will let you know here.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 32568) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.