Aspose.cell.gidweb option for cut+copy+paste in chrome not applicable

Aspose.cell.gidweb option for cut+copy+paste in chrome not applicable.

even when Grid Web open in chrome by default context menu does not have cut,copy & paste
functionality.

By default IE supports cut+copy+paste via context menu & when i copy content from excel file by selecting & paste it on GridWeb it works fine.
When i am using Chrome browser context menu does not have cut+copy+paste option & by using Ctrl+V keys it paste all cells data in only one cell.

Requirement: Cell Ranges copied from excel & paste it from relative cell ranges on GridWeb in Chrome
with IE it works fine but in Chrome it is failed.
Please help.

Hi,

Well, I am afraid Cut/Copy and Paste feature might not work well on Google Chrome and Firefox or other browsers. We have already logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-40166” for it, once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

By the way, could you try our latest version v2.7.1.4.2xxx (GridWeb) and let us know your feedback for the issue. Also you may get the latest version of GridWeb installing our latest Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.5 version.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest fix/version: Aspose Cells GrideWeb v2.7.14.2003.

We have fixed the issue.

Let us know your feedback here.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad Sahi;

After using fixed dll Aspose Cells GrideWeb v2.7.14.2003. there is no effect on functionality.

When i am using chrome browser there is no option visible for cut,copy & paste but in case of IE it is visible & working as expected.

Please check & revert.

send me proper dll fix in which cut,copy & paste works on both .i.e. chrome & IE & visible on context menu options for that.

please find attached screen shot for ref.

Hi,

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

I tested and noticed that the right-click menu options (Cut, Copy and Paste) are not availiable in Google chrome. I have reopened your issue again and we will look into it to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached fix: v2.7.14.2004 (GridWeb), it should work fine for context menu options on chrome browser type now.

Let us know if you still find any issue.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad Sahi,

work fine for context menu options on chrome browser type now.but it works for only internal to WebGrid content.

but now existing functionality is break in both browser IE & Chrome.

Scenerio:-

When i am copy or cut cell ranges from microsoft excel & try to paste it in GridWeb by selecting same cell ranges it paste all the content in first selected cell only but in prvious build of GridWeb it paste content cell by cell format which is expected

but now with this build i am unable to do it anyway in IE & Chrome both browser.

Note: please do existing functionality of copy paste of MS Excel to Aspose.cells.GridWeb in both IE & Chrome browser with cell by cell manner if we salected more than one cell at a time & try to paste.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tested. The new fix/version v2.7.14.2004 works fine regarding displaying context menu options (Cut, Copy and Paste) for Google chrome, but as you said, if we copy some cells from Excel to paste the values to GridWeb, all the data/values are pasted into a single cell. Our concerned developer will look into it.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We are scheduled to release our next official version of the product (v2.7.15.xxxx) before the end of this week. Hopefully, your issue (“copy some cells from Excel to paste the values to GridWeb, all the data/values are pasted into a single cell”) will be fixed in it.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40166) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)

Thanks Amjad Sahi,

You make my day.

Hi,

You are welcome.

Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you

Hi Amjad,

I am using Aspose.cell.gidweb 2.7.15.2000 & nice works with Chrome & IE when i am using context menu cut+copy+paste options but

*when i am copy from external source like ms excel & paste it on GridWeb its works fine in case of IE but in case of Chrome nothing happens when copy from ms excel & paste via conext menu on GridWeb.

[for created scenerio : copy from ms excel two or more cell & paste it via context menu on grdweb in chrome nothing happens]

Please help .

ved:

Hi Amjad,

I am using Aspose.cell.gidweb 2.7.15.2000 & nice works with Chrome & IE when i am using context menu cut+copy+paste options but

*when i am copy from external source like ms excel & paste it on GridWeb its works fine in case of IE but in case of Chrome nothing happens when copy from ms excel & paste via conext menu on GridWeb.

[for created scenerio : copy from ms excel two or more cell & paste it via context menu on grdweb in chrome nothing happens]

Please help .

Hi,

Thanks for your comments/feedback and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We have noted down your feedback and logged it inside the related issue: CELLSNET-40166. Please spare us some time to look into this issue and fix it.

Once, we will have some update for you, we will share it with you asap.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

For security reason, Chrome/FireFox can not access clipboard data. These can access clipboard data only inside keyboard Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V event.

So we can use Ctrl+V if we want to paste content from Ms-Excel to GridWeb, while pure JavaScript call will not take affect.

However there is a way to overcome it, which use an invisible flash as a helper. You can find demo here.

However, we will not use flash way.