Aspose Cell-Java-2.1.2 Workbook.save(.- FileFormatType.EXCEL2007) doesn't support PivotTable

I used the ConsoleDemo.java in the Aspose Demo to generate a Excel 2003 file with a pivot table, and it works. But if I save to Excel 2007, the pivot table doesn’t show up when I open the Excel file with Excel 2007. All I change, is line 1921 in ConsoleDemo.java

Old: workbook.save(outputPath + "PivotTable.xls");

New: workbook.save(outputPath + "PivotTable.xlsx", FileFormatType.EXCEL2007);

Is this a known bug or limitation?

thanks
-Niels

Hi Niels,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Well, I am afraid; Pivot Tables feature is not yet supported for Excel 2007 file formats. We have already included this feature in our future development list with internal issue id: CELLSJAVA-13971. We will let you know when the feature is supported.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Is there an estimated completion/ship date for internal issue id: CELLSJAVA-13971 ?

thanks
-Niels

Hi,

We will check if we can provide you an eta for the feature, we will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Well, I am afraid we cannot provide the ETA to finish this feature because it is complex and currently we are working on many tasks in parallel. So it is not possible for us to provide an ETA at the moment.

Thank you for understanding,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13971) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

@NielsG,

We supported the feature (create, manipulate and refresh Pivot Tables and shapes in XLS/XLSX (MS Excel 2007 - 2019)) with enhancements in newer versions. We recommend you to kindly upgrade to and give it a try to latest version of Aspose.Cells. Also, see the document for your reference:
Create Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts