Aspose.Cells 21.12 ThreadedComment.setCreatedTime

Working with ThreadedComment, we have noticed that despite the DateTime set in the setCreatedTime the XLSX output always have a “AM” suffix.

We are using aspose-cells:21.12. I attached an example and a screenshot. It does not matter the constructor of the class com.aspose.cells.DateTime that we are using we are getting the same wrong result.

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 11.10.24.jpg (139.4 KB)
aspose-datetime.zip (21.8 KB)

@rmachincsd,

Thanks for the screenshot and sample.

I did test your scenario/case using our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v22.3. It works fine and as expected. Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v22.3 (Download | Maven). If you still find any issue with latest version, kindly do zip and share your output Excel file, we will check it soon.

I am getting the same problem with the latest version.
Did you notice that I’m setting the create date to 22:10:10 (I’m on gmt-3) and it shows 7:10 AM. instead of 7:10 PM ?

@rmachincsd,

Please make sure that you are using latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v22.3. Please find attached the output Excel file generated by latest version on my end. Please open it into Excel 365 and let us know if you notice any issue in it?
files1.zip (9.1 KB)

I am still seeing the problem in the file. I upload another more clear example to show it.
This output file has a comment per cell. Each comment has a difference of 20 minutes (createdTime).
In my case, because I am in GMT-3, there is a weird jump from A8 to A9 cell. From 9:50 AM to 10:10 PM and the code had jumped from 00:50 to 01:10 (24hs format).

We are using MS Excel for Mac OS.

We identify that in some cases the library decrees 3 hours and if there is a day change it show ok the suffix (PM suffix) but if after decrees 3 hours it still the same day and the suffix must be PM, it does not work. It shows AM.

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 11.28.12.png (608.0 KB)
Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 11.28.17.png (651.9 KB)
aspose-datetime2.zip (32.4 KB)

@rmachincsd,

Thanks for screenshots and new sample.

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample. When I opened the output file into Excel 365, I can spot the issue on A9 cell. I confirmed there is a weird jump from A8 to A9 cell, e.g. from 9:50 AM to 10:10 PM. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-44481” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@rmachincsd,

This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved. The fix will be included in (upcoming) next release (Aspose.Cells for Java v22.5) which is scheduled to be released in the next week. The date is not finalized as we publish releases once ready. You will also be notified when the next version is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-44481) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Peyton.Xu