Aspose Cells API not able to convert each content of HTML file to Excel file

I am converting HTML file to EXCEL file using Aspose Cells API but it is not converting all the content. I have attached html file “4617 AU16.htm” and converted XML file “4617 AU16.htm.java.out.xml”. you can see it is not converting “Applies To:” content to Excel file. I have also attached “XMLtoJSON.java” file in which Java code is written. Please check and let me know what I am doing wrong.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files.

I have evaluated your issue/case a bit using your template files. It looks like your template HTML file is a common file and not Excel oriented (For your information, Aspose.Cells supports to convert/process Excel oriented HTML file to other file formats properly). Anyways, I have tested your case a bit using the following sample code with your template HTML file. I observed that not each content of HTML file is rendered (apart from Aspose.Cells does not support CSS, MS Excel also prints error when opening the HTML file into it) to SpreadsheetML (.xml) file. I can see it is not converting “Applies To:” contents at different places in the output file:
e.g
Sample code:

HTMLLoadOptions opts = new HTMLLoadOptions(LoadFormat.HTML);
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“f:\files\4617 AU16.htm”, opts);

workbook.save(“out1.xml”, SaveFormat.SPREADSHEET_ML);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41763” for your issue. We will check if we could support such a file and convert the missing contents in the output XML file.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

OK. I am waiting for this as this is blocking our development.

Thanks
Vishal

Hi Vishal,

Thank you for your understanding.

We have notified the concerned member of the product team regarding your comments. Please note, the aforementioned ticket is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will be able to share the estimated time for the fix once we have completed the preliminary analysis of the scenario. As soon as we get any updates in this regard, we will post here for your kind reference.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

It is to inform you that this issue should be fixed by March 16, 2016.

Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-41763 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.7.1.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41763) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.