Aspose cells are having loading issues when they have styles applied to cells

In one of our templates, the cells are having some stylings applied. When they are loaded on Gridweb it is having below issues. Can you please kindly look and help us on this?

Desktop excel look like below:

image (5).png (6.0 KB)

It is displaying like below when we loaded it on Aspose.Cells Gridweb

image (7).png (9.0 KB)

But when we double click on the cell in Gridweb, it is displaying like below.

image (8).png (13.1 KB)

@nagasivaos
when the cell text contains rich text, GridWeb uses a method similar to bbs predefined tag post for rich text processing,
When editing content, these well-defined tag appear. The content of rich text can be modified according to the definition of the paragraph.
as it is rendered using HTML dom which is relatively limited.
Relatively speaking, our GridJs performs well in handling rich text, as it is based on canvas rendering and drawing
The demo of GridJs is here

Thank you for quick response.

We have already completed our majority of the development using .net 6 razor pages and Aspose.Cells.GridWeb. Looks like GridJs is performs well, but not sure how much effort it is for us to upgrade it from Gridweb to gridjs. does GridJs is supported by .net 6 razor pages? could you provide me sample project using .net 6 razor pages and GridJs?

And also, Could you please let me know if we have any fix for this issue in GridWeb?

@nagasivaos
This is not considered an issue.

For GridWeb, in order to update the cell content for rich text, we can edit the content. For example, if you want to change the color, just update the color tag with a new value. It is a simple design for rich text. However, it is not so visually direct. We can improve it in the future by using HTML editable span (we will log a ticket for it).

For GridJs, it is a .NET Core web app based on JSON and MVC. It can be used in a .NET 6 web application. Both MVC and Razor Pages should be ok.

@nagasivaos
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-55077

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Please let us know once Aspose.Cells.GridWeb 24.2 is released with these fixes.

@nagasivaos
please try get and update the latest v24.2.0 dll via nuget :Aspose.Cells.GridWeb
and the latest client js

Seems the issue is still there. I see it working intermittently but still the issue is there. Please find attached recording after upgrading to 24.2, I could see it works some times but not working always.
Can you please kindly look into and let us know what if I’m missing something?
Dropdown_Issue.zip (4.6 MB)

@nagasivaos
seems there are routing issues in your project. please have a check on the network api path.
Please try my demo ,it always works.
Aspose_Demo_RazorPages.2024.02.05.zip (1.6 MB)

Thank you for pointing it to right direction. There is some change in network path in gridcontroller. After updating it, Dropdowns are working fine. However, there are 2 issues.

1. When I click on 1st sheet, it is throwing below error.

image.png (95.7 KB)

1. Even though I set the pageSize as 200, it is loading only 50 rows. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong.

I’m attaching the solution and also template I’m using. Could you please look into and kindly help with these?

Aspose_Demo_RazorPages_dropdown_0505.zip (2.2 MB)

template.zip (204.3 KB)

@nagasivaos
Welcome, please spare us some time to figure it out. We will investigate it in detail and help you.

@nagasivaos
By using your template file, we can reproduce those two issues. We will fix them soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-55117,CELLSNET-55118

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you!! Please let us know once you identified the issue and what would be the fix?

@nagasivaos
You are welcome. Hopefully we could figure it out soon. Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@nagasivaos,

We are pleased to inform you that your issues (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-55117” and “CELLSNET-55118”) has been resolved. The fixes/enhancements will be included in the upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v24.3) that we plan to release in the next month. You will be notified when the next version is released.

Should we wait for a month to get these fixes? do we have any alternate to get these fixes quickly as it is critical blocker?

@nagasivaos ,

We only provide interim fixes for paid support clients. So, either you may wait for while or purchase paid support to get fixes quickly.

Thank you @amjed11790 for you quick response.

Could you possibly let us know the specific cells or formulas that is causing the issue here? If we know that, we can change our template as a temporary workaround until your fix is published.

@nagasivaos
There is a validation which uses “=effectivedate”.
The “effectivedate” is a defined name which references a cell with a datetime. When parsing the datetime, GRIDWEB encounters some issues.

Could you please point me to that specific validation rule which is causing the issue? I’ll remove/update and see if that helps to resolve the issue quickly at our end?