Aspose.Cells.Charts.Chart - hidden data series not available in chart object

Hi, I am using Aspose.Cells for .Net (version 23.3.0) and facing an issue with Aspose.Cells.Charts. It seems that when the charts in a worksheet are read, the NSeries of the Aspose chart object does not include data series that are hidden from view. In my application, I need to access and modify chart series, including the hidden data series.

Attached is a sample workbook containing a single worksheet with a single chart inside it. The chart contains 5 data series, out of which 2 are toggled off and hidden from view (‘TestSeries2’ and ‘TestSeries4’). However, the Aspose chart object only includes the 3 visible series.
Sample code snippet:

ChartCollection charts = workbook.Worksheets[0].Charts;
foreach (var chart in charts)
{
var chartSeries = chart.NSeries;
Console.WriteLine("Series count for chart: " + chartSeries.Count); //returns 3
}

Could you please help provide a solution for this?
Thanks in advance!

Test.zip (11.4 KB)

@AvneetK
It seems there are filtered series for the chart in your template file. Currently there is no api to get those data and maybe we need to provide new apis for your requirement.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-54076

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you for the response! Would it be possible to get an estimate on when this might be addressed?

@AvneetK,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue has been resolved. This fix will be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v23.9), scheduled for release this week or next week. You will be notified when new version is released.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-54076) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi

Hello, thank you for the quick response on this issue! I have tested this in Aspose.Cells v 23.9 - while the FilteredNSeries property is now available, there is still a partial problem because when copying a worksheet from a source worksheet, the filtered series of charts are not copied over.

Please refer to the following code snippet (run on the test workbook shared previously):

var sourceWorksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];
 var filteredSeriesInOriginalWorksheet = sourceWorksheet.Charts[0].FilteredNSeries;
 Console.WriteLine("Filtered series count in original: " + filteredSeriesInOriginalWorksheet.Count); //returns 2

Worksheet addedSheet = sourceWorksheet.Workbook.Worksheets.Add("NewSheet");
addedSheet.Copy(sourceWorksheet);

var filteredSeriesInCopiedWorksheet = workbook.Worksheets["NewSheet"].Charts[0].FilteredNSeries;
Console.WriteLine("Filtered series count in copied: " + filteredSeriesInCopiedWorksheet.Count); //returns 0

Please let me know if I need to create a separate thread for this. Thanks.

@AvneetK
We have tested and can reproduce your issue,we have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-54209

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

Hello, would it be possible to get any kind of estimate for when CELLSNET-54209 would be addressed? Thanks in advance.

@AvneetK
Hi, the issue has been resolved. The fix will be included in our upcoming release version (Aspose.Cells v23.10) scheduled for release in first half of October 2023. We will let you know when the next release is published.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-54209) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi