Aspose.Cells corrupting excel document

Hello,

When opening the attached excel document using aspose.cells (tested with 7…4) and saving it, the saved document cannot be opened with excel anymore.

Used code:

Dim objWorkbook As New Aspose.Cells.Workbook(“c:\temp\savetest.xlsx”)
objWorkbook.Save(“c:\temp\cellstest2_modified.xlsx”)

Excel error when opening the saved excel workbook:
Excel found unreadable content in ‘cellstest_2_modified.xlsx’. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the soruce of this workbook, click Yes.

I have attached the input and output excel workbooks.

Is this a bug in aspose.cells, and what can we do about this?

Regards

Paul Vrugt
Sr. Software Engineer
Infoland BV

Hi,

Thanks for the files.

I can find the issue as you have mentioned by opening your attached template file and re-saving it. The output file opens fine into MS Excel 2007 but gives error in MS Excel 2010 (e.g "Excel found unreadable content...").

Sample code:

Workbook objWorkbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook("e:\\test2\\savetest.xlsx");
objWorkbook.Save(@"e:\test2\cellstest2_modified2.xlsx");

I have logged a ticket with an id "CELLSNET-41413" for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

is there any workaround?

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no workaround at the moment, if we find any we will let you know here. Please spare us a little time (3-4 days), we will try to figure your issue “CELLSNET-41413” out soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have fixed this issue. Please see the attachment.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.0.4 and let us know your feedback.

I tested it and can confirm this fixes the issue. Thank you for the update!

Regards

Paul Vrugt
Sr Software Engineer
Infoland BV

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

We are glad to know your issue is resolved now. If you encounter any other issue, please feel free to post on our forums, we will be pleased to help you asap.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41413) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.