Aspose.Cells doesn't work on the latest Node.js version

Hi,
I have the Aspose.Cells version 22.12.0 bought some time ago, which worked fine on Node.js 16, but we have to move to a new server with Node.js version 20 and I’m getting the message that Aspose component is not compiled for this Node version.
How to resolve this issue, is there a way to re-compile the version that I have it to the Node.js version 20 ?
Many thanks

@mariusist,

I was able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned. I found Aspose.Cells for Node.js via Java doesn’t work with the latest Node.js versions. I am using Node.js v20.11.1. Previously I was using v16.20.0 which was working fine. When I run a simple program, I got error message:

node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1473
  return process.dlopen(module, path.toNamespacedPath(filename));
                 ^

Error: The module '\\?\C:\Downloads1\aspose.cells.js.java\node_modules\aspose.cells\node_modules\java\build\Release\nodejavabridge_bindings.node'
was compiled against a different Node.js version using
NODE_MODULE_VERSION 93. This version of Node.js requires
NODE_MODULE_VERSION 115. Please try re-compiling or re-installing
the module (for instance, using `npm rebuild` or `npm install`).
    at Module._extensions..node (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1473:18)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1207:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1023:12)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1235:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/helpers:176:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Downloads1\aspose.cells.js.java\node_modules\aspose.cells\node_modules\java\lib\nodeJavaBridge.js:21:16)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1376:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1435:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1207:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1023:12) {
  code: 'ERR_DLOPEN_FAILED'
}

Node.js v20.11.1

We require thorough evaluation of the issue. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNODEJSJAVA-64

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Many thanks,
Indeed that’s the error I’m getting. I hope there could be a quick solution for this issue

@mariusist
You are welcome. Please allow us some time to evaluate and analyze it in detail. If it is not complex, we should be able to fix it soon. Once there is an update, we will notify you immediately.

@mariusist
Aspose.Cells for Node.js via Java v24.3 can run normally on Node.js v20.11.0. In fact Aspose.Cells for Node.js via Java depends on java - npm. Starting from Aspose.Cells for Node.js via Java v24.1, we have upgraded the version of this dependent third-party library to 0.14.0 to support Node.js v20+.

It needs to be compiled for different Node.js versions during installation. There are two solutions:

1. Install the relevant compiler in the production environment. When installing using npm i aspose.cells, the compilation and installation will be automatically completed.
  2. Install Node.js in the development or testing environment with the same version number as the production environment. It is also required to use the same operating system and use npm i aspose.cells to install it. After completion, copy the contents of the node_modules/java directory to the production environment.
    Any questions please contact us. Thanks.