Aspose.Cells extending formulas

Hello there,

I have a question regarding the formulas in Aspose.Cells. In Microsft Excel if we place a formula in a cell, we can then drag it to the adjacent ones and the formula will adapt it self to the new ranges automatically (unless we use the tag $ but that’s not relevant for now). I was wondering if there is a way to do this in Aspose.Cells. I.e., I have a worksheet with a row containing the default formulas for a specific table. Programatically, I want to insert rows in that table, preserving those formulas in each new row but in such a way that they can adapt to their new ranges.

I hope I made myself clear…

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
Cruz

Hi Cruz,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, Yes, Aspose.Cells component works much like the same way as Excel does. When you insert, delete, copy rows/columns or insert ranges of cells, the formulas will be updated with their new ranges accordingly.

Following are some methods of Aspose.Cells.Cells class which can be used for your requirement:

For inserting rows/columns you may use -> Cells.InsertRow(s) / InsertColumn

For deleting rows/columns, please try -> Cells.DeleteRow(s)/DeleteColumn

For copying rows/columns, kindly use -> Cells.CopyRow/CopyColumn

For inserting Ranges, use -> Cells.InsertRange

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply Amjad.

That was not really my question, but I already answered myself. :slight_smile: I was trying to do something that not even Excel does, so never mind my question :wink:

Thanks again