Aspose.cells extra sheet added (evaluation warning)

Hello,

we have an aspose.cells copy, licensed (supposed to be). Its version number is 4.5.0.0 which was released on 06/27/2008. And we have a license file in which it has the subscription expiry date as 20090311; ie March 11 of 2009.

But, I still get the generated xls files with one extra sheet which states the evaluation period warning for Aspose.Cells. We were not getting this extra sheet a couple of months ago.

Can you help me, give me some information to fix the issue?

abcd1234ff:
Hello,

we have an aspose.cells copy, licensed (supposed to be). Its version number is 4.5.0.0 which was released on 06/27/2008. And we have a license file in which it has the subscription expiry date as 20090311; ie March 11 of 2009.

But, I still get the generated xls files with one extra sheet which states the evaluation period warning for Aspose.Cells. We were not getting this extra sheet a couple of months ago.

Can you help me, give me some information to fix the issue?

the true text Iam getting in the extra sheet is:

EVALUATION COPYRIGHT WARNING

This file is created using EVALUATION VERSION of Aspose.Cells.

Evaluation Limitations:

1 This EVALUATION LICENSE WARNING worksheet will be added to all worksheets created with Aspose.Cells.

2 The usage of this Evaluation Version in any Commercial Application is strongly PROHIBITED.

3 Any Violation to the Usage Policies of this Product shall require a mandatory purchase of pay license

as well as expose the user to other legal recourse for collection and punitive damages.

Hi,

Well, if your license subscription expiry date is 20090311 then you should be able to use Aspose.Cells for .NET v4.5.0. fine. Please make sure that you are using this version (check the referenced component in your project) in your project as it is quite possible that you might be using some later/new versions that are released after your subscription expiry.

If you still find the issue, kindly create a simple console application using your license file with v4.5, zip it post us via mail. See the steps mentioned below to send us the project with licensed file:

1: click the Contact button in the Post.

2: In the drop down list options click "Send Amjad Sahi an Email”.

3: Attach the sample project and send it (you may zip the file prior attaching it).

4: Once you have done it, kindly confirm us on this thread.

Thank you.

thank you for your response,

I debugged my web app before doing the steps you suggest (creating console app). I saw that

line1: if (File.Exists(“Aspose.Cells.lic”))
line2: {
line3: new License().SetLicense(“Aspose.Cells.lic”);
line4: }

File.Exists returns false

this three lines are in a library (dll) project in my solution. I have the lic file in the bin folder of my website and inlcuded in the dll project. should i put it somewhere else?

thank you in advance

Hi,

Well, I think you may put the lic file to some folder and set the SetLicense() method path explicitly for your project. Moreover, you may choose Application_Start or Session_Start events in global.asax to write the licensing code there so you only need to call the licensing code once in your project.

Thank you.