We are a current licensee of Aspose Cells for Java and Aspose slides/ppt. We’ve used the product for several years to automate standardized reports. I’d like to see if you have any examples of customers who have used it to empower reporting analysts to create custom reports in excel. They would have to follow some conventions about how they did the work and post their excel documents to a controlled directory. Our automation would be used to publish those reports on demand in our portal or automate delivery of the excels. We already keep track of each report in an administrative tool and can associate each report with things like who the customer is and the name of the excel document to open and other details. There are things I’d want Aspose to do like:
– Validate the developer is following some standards
o Check the workbook has no vb or macros
o check the way the worksheets are laid out like a common header and footer and fonts and colors are all in a defined list
o each data table needs a column with a customer ID and that it has the right value for that customer (we’ll have that stored in our admin tool that calls each report)
– After validation ASPOSE would
• Refresh all the data connections to load the latest records
• Refresh all the pivot tables/charts
• Strip out the data connection or disable it so the end user isn’t trying to connect to the database directly after we publish it
Do you know of anyone doing something like this today?
Do you know how much of the above can be handled by the functionality in Aspose today?