Aspose Cells for Java 2.5.3 API Docs

Could I please get a working link to view/download the API documentation for Aspose Cells for Java 2.5.3? I’ve attempted repeatedly to download the zip file in your downloads section but it appears to be broken and simply refreshes the entire page or gives me a 404. Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, we do not maintain the old API(s). You will have to upgrade to latest version and use the latest API(s)

I would love to upgrade, however we have only purchased a license that allows us to upgrade to 2.5.3 at the maximum. So, considering we have paid for the ability to use this software I would appreciate you providing me with the tools I need to do that. You are welcome to provide us with a free upgrade to our license so we can use the latest version, but barring that I will need a copy of the API documentation for version 2.5.3 of Aspose Cells for Java. Thank you.

-Dylan Gulick
Jama Software
dgulick@jamasoftware.com

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, we do not maintain older versions and documentation. So you cannot have these. It is our company policy to provide fixes and maintain documentation of latest versions only.

I’m sorry, but that is unacceptable. I understand that you don’t want to be fixing bugs for old versions, but that is not what I am asking for. I am asking simply for the API documentation for the 2.5.3 version of Aspose Cells. We purchased the right to use your product, and the lack of this documentation is making that impossible.

There is no “maintenance” required, you only have to attach the zip file that already exists that there is a broken (apparently purposefully, even though there is no indication of such) link to on your download page, which includes the documentation. I find it inconceivable that you don’t hold on to at least the several-dozen-megabyte file for each release.

So again, I ask you to please provide me with the tools I need to be able to use the product I paid for. A free upgrade a version you actually do provide documentation for would also be acceptable, but honestly I’d just prefer you send me the documentation for the version I’ve specified. Thank you

-Dylan Gulick
Jama Software
dgulick@jamasoftware.com

Hi,

Well, I have attached the API Reference documentation for your needs here on your demand but as my colleague told you that it is our policy that we do not maintain or provide the older versions or their docs which are older than one year or so. Anyways, I have done this only for your rare/exceptional case.

Thank you.

Excellent, thank you!

I would recommend you reconsider this policy for the future, because it does nothing but make it harder for your customers. I don’t consider it a rare/exceptional case that someone wants to be able to use what they paid for. At the very least a notification on the download page, and the removal of the intentionally broken download links, would be very much appreciated so that people don’t waste time wondering why your site is broken.

Thanks again.

-Dylan Gulick
Jama Software
dgulick@jamasoftware.com

Hi,

dgulick:
At the very least a notification on the download page, and the removal of the intentionally broken download links, would be very much appreciated so that people don't waste time wondering why your site is broken.

I think it makes sense, I will ask the concerned authorities to check it and if we can provide and navigate the users to some page where an appropriate message is pasted when a user clicks on a download link of the product release which is older than one year or so, etc.

Thank you.

Hi Dylan,

I hope you are well.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you check older releases of any product say ‘Aspose.Cells for Java’ you will notice that there is no ‘Download’ button in the last column as compared to latest releases which indicates that this release is no longer available for download. However our downloads module also have a context menu which opens when you right click on any release and the ‘Download’ link in this context menu was broken. We have now removed this ‘Download’ option from context menu as well to stop any confusion.