Aspose.Cells for Java: Connections- External Data Range- and Pivot Table Sources

Hello,

I have three requirements that I can’t seem to find examples of for Aspose.Cells for java.
  1. I need to be able to read all “Connection” objects in a workbook along with its associated settings. To see what I am referring to create a web query to some random webpage.

Then go to the “data tab” of Excel 2010 and click the “Connections” button. You should see a single item in the list called “Connection” … click that and click "Properies"

Click the “Definition” tab

On this tab I need to be able to access:
    -The connection type (in this case Web Query)
    -The connection string (aka the URL)

This information can be found in the “connections.xml” file in the “xl” folder of the unzipped XLSX doc.

2. If you created a web query in step #1 you will need to select a worksheet to target the import to.

If you select any column/row inside of the data returned from the web query then right click you will be presented with a menu "Edit Data Range Properties"

I need to be able to access all of the properties in this dialog. Is there a way to do this in Aspose.Cells Java?

This information can be found in the “queryTables” directory in the “xl” folder, the sheet.xml.rels file for the worksheet that contains the external data range, and the “workbook.xml” file “definedNames” element.

3. If you create a pivot table based on the web query from step #1 and #2 that pivot table will have a source that points back to a given sheet. The source is stored in the PivotCache for the pivot table.

Aspose.Cells has this object:
    PivotCache Members

Can we get the same support in Aspose.Cells Java?

I realize that some of these items may not be currently supported in Aspose.Cells Java at this time. If the items are not supported do you have an ETA on when the items above will be added?
Hi,

I am afraid, all your mentioned three requirements are not supported in Aspose.Cells for Java at the moment. Anyways for your requirements:

mike.t:

I need to be able to read all "Connection" objects in a workbook along with its associated settings. To see what I am referring to create a web query to some random webpage.

Then go to the "data tab" of Excel 2010 and click the "Connections" button. You should see a single item in the list called "Connection" .. click that and click "Properies"

Click the "Definition" tab

On this tab I need to be able to access:
-The connection type (in this case Web Query)
-The connection string (aka the URL)

This information can be found in the "connections.xml" file in the "xl" folder of the unzipped XLSX doc.

I have logged a ticket with an id "CELLSJAVA-40451" for this feature, we will look into it and may update you soon.

mike.t:

If you created a web query in step #1 you will need to select a worksheet to target the import to.

If you select any column/row inside of the data returned from the web query then right click you will be presented with a menu "Edit Data Range Properties"

I need to be able to access all of the properties in this dialog. Is there a way to do this in Aspose.Cells Java?

This information can be found in the "queryTables" directory in the "xl" folder, the sheet.xml.rels file for the worksheet that contains the external data range, and the "workbook.xml" file "definedNames" element.

I have logged a ticket with an id "CELLSJAVA-40452" for this feature, we will look into it and may update you soon.

mike.t:

If you create a pivot table based on the web query from step #1 and #2 that pivot table will have a source that points back to a given sheet. The source is stored in the PivotCache for the pivot table.

Aspose.Cells.Net has this object:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/PivotCache+Members

Can we get the same support in Aspose.Cells Java?

I am afraid the document URL you mentioned is regarding Aspose.Cells.GridWeb (independent web based Grid control ) and not for Aspose.Cells for .NET, so, the feature might not be supported in .NET version also.I have logged a ticket with an id "CELLSJAVA-40453" for this feature, we will look into it and may update you soon.

Once we have any update on any of the issue, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Is there any update on these requests? Are they on roadmap yet?

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no update on any of your logged issues/features (above). If the features or issues are complex that would surely demand more time. Anyways, I have logged your comments against your issues and asked the relevant developers to update on them or share an eta accordingly (if possible).

Once we receive any update on any of your logged tickets, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Checking in on this: Any update on these features?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. Please spare us some time. Once, we will have some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

We have analyzed your issue(s) a bit and worked on it. I am afraid, we might not support refreshing pivot table whose source is based on some external data ranges. At the moment, we do not have plans to support this in near future too.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Thanks,

Amjad Sahi:

Hi,

We have analyzed your issue(s) a bit and worked on it. I am afraid, we might not support refreshing pivot table whose source is based on some external data ranges. At the moment, we do not have plans to support this in near future too.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Thanks,

I am not looking to refresh external data using Aspose, I am merely asking for the properties noted in my 3 points to be made available as read-only properties. That way I can get information from the workbook and take action based on that information.

Would it be possible to get the items I identified available as read-only properties?

Hi,

We have logged your minimum requirements for your three points against your logged issues (3 tickets) into our database. Our developer may look into it and if we have any update on it or we figure it out, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40451) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

@mike.t,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (“CELLSJAVA-40452”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40452) have been fixed in this update.