We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose Cells for Java created workbook causes McAfee agent to take over computer

We have a customer who is using the McAfee DLP (Data Loss Prevention) software When using our current product which is using Aspose Cells for Java 2.1.2.0 to create an Excel (xls) workbook the McAfee program fcagte.exe will take up to 98% of the CPU and will not release it causing the computer to lock up. This occurs when the generated workbook is being downloaded to their PC through the browser.The program is called fcagte.exe.

Using an earlier version which uses Apose Cells for Java 1.9.4.0 the problem does not occur.

We are looking for anything that can help us determine what may be causing the problem. Currently we are guessing it has to do with how the McAfee software scans xls files and maybe the xls files created by 2.1.2.0 are in a format that the McAfee software isn't able to handle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Hi,

Well, it is a strange issue to us and we have never met such problem.

Could you try our latest version/fix (attached) if it make a difference.

If you still find the issue, kindly send us both files generated by 1.9.4.0 and 2.1.2 or latest version, so we can check what’s the difference between them.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I have attached two xls files that were created with the same data set but with with the two different Aspose Cells levels. the one marked with a name starting with 10-2 is using the 1.9.4.0 version and the other used 2.1.2. I am trying to determine why the newer one is missing data and charts. If this is a problem in trying to compare let me know and I'll upload new ones once I determine why those charts and data are missing/

Steve

Hi,

Thanks for the files,

We will investigate your issue and let you know about it.

By the way, did you try our latest version/fix v2.4.0.x (that I attached in my previous post)?

Thank you.

I haven’t tried the v2.4.0.x yet. I did try it related to a problem I was having with generating Excel 2007 (xlsx) charts, which seems to work now. I’ll be passing this on to our customer to try.

Hi Amjad,

I had our customer try the 2.4.0.3 you attached on a previous post and it seems to not cause the problem anymore. Thanks so much. Will there be an official downloadable Aspose.Cells for Java (2.4.1.0?) with at least the changes in the v2.4.0.3 you posted avaiable soon?

Steve

Hi,

Well, you can use this fix (v2.4.0.x) as an official release. It is an intermediate kind of version which is provided as a fix against some bugs and feature enhancements. Normally, a fix version is posted in the support forums. You can use this fix for your requirements as long as you wish; it will behave like an official release. Moreover, it is to be noted here, our next official release would include all the functionality of the previous fixes (including all the intermediate versions till the next official release).

Thank you.

Hi,

I noticed that it looks like you are using a more agile process and you have official versions being posted for download monthly. We would prefer to use one of these posted versions since it is easier if soneone else at our company had to download the version without having to search for a posting that contained the version you posted in this thread. Any idea if there will be a new downlaod version available this month?

Steve

Hi,

We are scheduled to release the next official release of the product within 15 days or so from now.

Thank you.

Amjad thank you for the information.

Steve