Aspose.Cells for .NET And Xamarin.Forms

I wonder if Aspose.Cells for .NET Support Xamarin.Forms ? I have Xamarin.Forms Project where We need CSV Parsing Library

Hi Avi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Aspose.Cells is just a .NET framework assembly (dll) or class library. It can be run on any .NET framework which is greater or equal to 2.0. It can also be run on Mono 1.2. It does not have dependency.

Please see the System Requirements of Aspose.Cells for your reference.

( System Requirements|Documentation )

If you can run any .NET assembly in Xamarin.Forms, then you should not have any problem using Aspose.Cells too and it should work fine there without any issue.

Let us know if you face any issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

@Avisynth,

We recommend you to kindly upgrade to latest Aspose.Cells versions where we also include Xamarin supported Dlls. The following folders are there in the release archive (when you install via its MSI Installer or extract the Dlls version) containing receptive Xamarin libraries:
i.e.,
Xamarin.iOS Contains assemblies to use Aspose.Cells with Xamarin.iOS.
Xamarin.Android Contains assemblies to use Aspose.Cells with Xamarin.Android.

Hope, this helps a bit.

Can i manpulate Excel files in a Xamarin app visually or through an api only?
@shakeel.faiz

@Techdevelopers,

Through API, we meant. In older versions, we also used to provide the following assemblies:
Xamarin.iOS folder contains assemblies to use Aspose.Cells with Xamarin.iOS.
Xamarin.Android folder contains assemblies to use Aspose.Cells with Xamarin.Android

so, it’s not possible to edit the excel file visually inside of the app like a grid?

@Techdevelopers,

If you are using common .NET framework or .NET Core framework in an Asp.NET, then it is possible as we have Aspose.Cells.GridWeb for .NET grid control which can create, manipulate, render or print Excel files visually (WYSIWYG manner). You may download and test examples for your reference.

Moreover, you can go for the viewer offered by our sister company GroupDocs. For example, you may try GroupDocs viewer if it suits your needs.

1 Like