Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services does not recognize MOD or ROWNUMBER()

Hello,

We recently purchased the developer OEM subscription to Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services. After installation on our test server when we use Aspose rendering options it seems to not recognize certain colors or alternating row colors based on VB written in the report. The function used to alternate the coloring is this:

=IIF(RowNumber("MainQuery") Mod 2, "White", "Gainsboro")

If I change the order of this function i.e.

=IIF(RowNumber("MainQuery") Mod 2, "Gainsboro", "White")

then all the rows are Gainsboro

Also if you notice in the screenshots provided the 1st one has a dark red line under the column names while the aspose rendering removes this line. The color used is #c00000.

I have attached screenshots. 1 shows how the report looks exported to excel using the generic excel rendering and the 2nd one shows using Aspose excel rendering.

We are using reporting services 2008. And the report RDL was designed in Visual Studio 2008

Hi,

Thanks for your query.

Could you post your sample RDL file and generated excel file here, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Please find attached:

1. RDL for report

2. Excel generated file using default excel rendering

3. Excel generated file using Aspose excel rendering

Hi Burzin,

The issues you have mentioned have been fixed.

1. Please download updated version of Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll attachment and copy it to following path:
{SQL SERVER 2008 Reporting Services }/ReportServer/bin/… .

2. Please use following correct version of XML to modify “Aspose.Cells.ReportingService.xml”.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Thanks,

Salman,

The above dll did fix the alternating row color issue although it still does not display the red line under the column headers. Another thing I noticed which is more serious than the red line is that in the headers of the report the Parameter Names are not displayed.

For example in the Generic Excel Rendering it will look something like this:

Invoice ID : 200000000
Invoice Date : 2010-01-01

With the Aspose rendering it will only display the following:

2010-01-01

It also does not display the solid black header line next to our company logo as well as the Report Name. Report name can be found in the far right above COAST GUARD EXCHANGE SYSTEM in the generic excel rendering.

For the rdl please use the same rdl attached with this post.

I have attached the screenshots

Thanks,
Burzin

Do we have any more news on this?

Hi Burzin,

Please use the updated version ACRS.2008.V1.5.2.15. We have fixed the issues but the red line is still invisible.. We are trying our best to find out the solution.

1. Please download the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll and copy it to following path:
{SQL SERVER 2008 Reporting Services }/ReportServer/bin/. .

2. Please use the following correct version of XML to modify "Aspose.Cells.ReportingService.xml".
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Thanks,

New error while exporting a different report. Please see attached file of export error and RDL. This is serious as the report does not export at all.

Also on a good note the invoice parameter names are fixed.

Hi Burzin,

Please use the updated version ACRS.2008.V1.5.2.16.zip attached. We have fixed the new issue mentioned by you in your last post. We are in process of fixing the bugs. We will update you for the remaining issues as soon as possible.

Thank you for the support.