Aspose.Cells for Sharepoint invalid license file

Dear all,
I’m experiencing an issue with a license purchased and configured on my Sharepoint 2013 farm with the WSP installation procedure. The function used is the automated conversion of XML files in XLS format. If I configure the application to work with Aspose the .lic file path and filename, this error is returned and the conversion is not performed: "The license is not valid for this product. I’m providing you with my .lic file, in case you need further details I’ll be happy to provide you with them.

Many thanks,

Alessandro Allasia

Aspose.Cells.SharePoint.lic.zip (768 Bytes)

@grfca,

Which Aspose.Cells for SharePoint version you are using, kindly try using v17.9 if you are not already using it:

Also, kindly follow the steps on how to license Aspose.Cells for SharePoint for your reference

Let us know if you still find the issue.

Hi Amjad,
I managed to install v17.9 and I deployed the license following the instructions you provided; the problem persists with the same error. I assume the code for the conversion works, so it’s possible (according to other threads on this topic) that the license is not correctly handled in the statements. If you need a snippet of the instruction used, I’ll ask the developer team to send me requested information.

Kind regards,

Alessandro

@grfca,

Could you provide your environment details, e.g OS, SharePoint Server/Services and its version, etc.

Yes, kindly provide all details and steps you followed to set/install the license. This will help us evaluate your issue precisely to consequently figure it out soon.

Hello Amjad,
Sorry for the delay, I was finally able to collect the data you need. I’ve attached a screenshot with the statements used to manage ASPOSE license. The .lic path is configured in a Sharepoint list and its value is retrieved only if configured. Current value is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\Aspose.Cells.SharePoint\Aspose.Cells.SharePoint.lic, which is the physical path on Sharepoint application server. If I delete the item from the list, Aspose switches to demo mode and a watermark sheet is added to each file converted from its XML source.

As far as OS and Sharepoint are concerned, these are versions:
Sharepoint server 2013 (15.0.4649.1000)
OS Version: Win 2008R2 STD x64 SP1

Alessandro

Extract.PNG (6.3 KB)

@grfca,

Thanks for the screenshot and details.

I do not think you need to add licensing code (statements) to set the license for Aspose.Cells for SharePoint. In your statements (licensing code). it looks like you are using Aspose.Cells for .NET APIs as Aspose.Cells.License comes from Aspose.Cells for .NET, so you are getting this error. Please only follow the instructions mentioned here:

Please confirm you have followed all the instructions and command lines in the above document, you do not need to explicitly set the license in code for SharePoint.

PS. You should first uninstall the license by following the instructions in the following document, then install the license using the above document:

Hi,
Yes, I confirm that the license was uninstalled and then deployed following the instructions provided. So, it looks that current license allow the use for Sharepoint but a different license is needed to manipulate files via .NET code, is this correct?

Alessandro

@grfca,

Yes, your understanding is correct. You need to have Aspose.Cells for .NET license to use Aspose.Cells for .NET APIs.