Aspose.Cells: Formulas that span multiple worksheets

I’m trying to use a formula that spans multiple worksheets, but I’m getting an error saying the formula is invalid.

This seems to by caused by a ( or ) in the worksheet name.

WORKS: =SUM(‘first sheet:last sheet’!C6)
DOESN’T WORK: =SUM(‘first (sheet):last (sheet)’!C6)

Even though it is valid in Excel and works in CarlosAg’s Excel creator as well.

Hi,

Thank you for using Aspose.Cells.

Please provide us your source XLS/XLSX file having this formula in working form. Also, please provide us your sample source code that, you are using, to replicate this issue. We will look into it and assist you further.

We also recommend you to download and use this latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.0.1 in your applications.

I tried with 7.3.0.1 but I get the same error.

The formula as entered in Excel is:
=SUM(‘Aankoopdienst:Sociaal Departement Social’!B7)

When saving the Excel sheet to a Spreadsheet XML, I can see that the rendered formula is:
(the R[-1]C is because we are entering this formula in B8, so B7 is one row up from there).

However, when I try to enter either one of those two formulas (with the B7 or R[-1]C notation) in the Formula property of my Cell in Aspose, I get a CellsException with the message:
Error in Cell: B7-Invalid formula:"=SUM(‘Aankoopdienst:Sociaal Departement Social’!B7)".
or
Error in Cell: C7-Invalid formula:"=SUM(‘Aankoopdienst:Sociaal Departement Social’!R[-1]C)".

Can you tell me how to get Aspose.Cells to use this formula correctly?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Could you please provide us a simple sample project replicating this bug using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.3.0.2

We will check it on our end and report it to development team so that it could be fixed and then update you asap.

Thanks for your help and cooperation.