Aspose cells gridweb improper copy paste behavior

Hi Aspose team,

Consider below given GridWeb state:
(Screenshot Attached)

1. In cell A1,A2 and A3 of GridWeb I put values 1,2 and 3 respectively.In cell A4 , apply formula =SUM(A1:A3) which results in answer 6 in cell A4.

2. In cell B1,B2 and B3 of GridWeb I put values 1,2 and 3 respectively.In cell B4 ,apply formula =SUM(B1:B3) which results in answer 6 in cell B4.

3. In cell C1,C2 and C3 of GridWeb I put values 3,2 and 1 respectively.In cell C4 , apply formula =SUM(C1:C3) which results in answer 6 in cell C4.

4. In cell D1,D2 and D3 of GridWeb I put values 1,2 and 4 respectively.In cell D4 ,apply formula =SUM(D1:D3) which results in answer 7 in cell D4.

Kindly do the following steps :

1. Select the ranges A1 to A4. Copy it.Paste it on ranges B1 to B4.
Observing the cell B4 it will show that the formula is still visible when we click on the cell.

2. Select the ranges A1 to A4. Copy it.Paste it on ranges C1 to C4.
Observing the cell C4 it will show that the formula is still visible when we click on the cell.

3. Select the ranges A1 to A4. Copy it.Paste it on ranges D1 to D4.
Observing the cell D4 it will show that the formula is not visible when we click on the cell and it is only the source value pasted and destination cell formula removed which is the intended behavior.

To summarize,the intended behavior is that when I PASTE, value only should be pasted in destination cell and if the destination cell has any formula it must be removed and only value must be visible.

Kindly provide necessary fix.

Thanks,
Ved

Hi,

Well, I have tested your scenario in MS Excel manually and for all your four cases, MS Excel will retain the formulas into B4, C4 and D4 cells, so Aspose.Cells.GridWeb works the same way as MS Excel and follows MS Excel standards. You may confirm this behavior by manually performing the steps in MS Excel.

If you still think that MS Excel behaves differently, please let us know with your findings and screen shots, we will check it soon.

Thank you.