Aspose Cells hanging when trying to convert xls to pdf

When we try to convert the attached file to pdf using aspose.cells .net version 18.7.0, it hangs and does not finish. We found that the error is in the textbox “ABC”, but we do not know why.

Here is the code we are using:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(xlsPath);
workbook.Save(pdfPath, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf);

shape_error.zip (2.9 MB)

@igor.klafke,

We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46263 - Application hangs while converting XLS to PDF

@igor.klafke,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Hi, thanks for your quick response.
Is there a way for me to check for this kind of problem before trying to convert? Right now the biggest problem for us is the application hanging, if I could check the file beforehand and then throw an exception would be enough for me.

@igor.klafke,

Well, you may try the InterruptMonitor API which allows to terminate the saving operation (if it is talking too long) without killing the process or thread, see the document for your reference:

Furthermore, please stay tuned as we have already fixed this issue, so you should be getting the fix in the next few days (3-5 days or so). So, you won’t need to interrupt the hanging process anymore for this file as the fix would work seamlessly.

@igor.klafke,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.7.5:

Your issue of application hang should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui,

The new version solves the issue.
Thanks.

@igor.klafke,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46263) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi