Aspose Cells ignores inverted y-axis in diagram

Hi,
It seems that diagrams in xlsx spreadsheets with an inverted y axis are saved as if the axis was not inverted.

You can investigate with the following example code and the shared file document.xlsx:

final Workbook export = new Workbook(new FileInputStream("document.xlsx"), new LoadOptions());
final SaveOptions saveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
export.save(new FileOutputStream("/tmp/output.pdf"), saveOptions);

Expected outcome: The y-axis of diagram in output.pdf should be inverted like in document.xlsx.

Actual outcome: The y-axis is not inverted in output.pdf.

You can find document.xlsx at Fehler.

@orgavision,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSJAVA-43436 - Aspose Cells ignores inverted y-axis in diagram
1 Like

@orgavision ,
The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43436) have been fixed in this update.

@Eric.wang @ahsaniqbalsidiqui Aspose Cells 21.4 for Java still has the issue. I’m providing an updated document which has an inverted y-axis Fehler for you to reproduce the issue with the code sample above. I’m sorry the initial document didn’t have an inverted y-axis, my bad. However, inverted y-axis are not respected in excel-to-pdf export.

@orgavision,
We have noted your feedback and will share our comments after detailed analysis.

This is still an issue with Aspose Cells 21.5.

@orgavision,
We have noted your concern and logged it with the ticket for further analysis using the latest version. You will be notified here once any update is ready for sharing.

Hi @orgavision,
https://orgav.sharepoint.com/:x:/s/devops/EX10mPUQXq5DncVihB8DOtkB7bIxb5aarlw3ToenAaL4Yw?e=PkADVL
This link is invalid, could you please provide the document again?

aspose-excel-difference.zip (109.0 KB)
Now if found the button to upload something. The archive contains the same as the link which you can disregard. Please let me know if you need any more information and whether you can reproduce the issue. Thanks for having a look.

@orgavision,
Thank you for the sample document. We will analyze it and share our feedback soon.

@orgavision ,
We found it works ok with Aspose Cells 21.5.
Could you please provide the issue output file?

@Eric.wang Thanks for checking, I was probably confusing the output files. However, I’m now facing the effect that the data evaluation of the diagram is still not inverted if the y-axis is. This was the case with <21.5 as well, thus has not been introduced with 21.5.

I’m attaching an updated reproducer for this case and the generated output.pdf. aspose-excel-difference.zip (11.8 KB)

Expected outcome: The display of the rows data is inverted because the y-axis is in the diagram, like shown in MS Excel.

Acutal outcome: output.pdf (27.6 KB) shows that the axis is now inverted, but the data isn’t.

@orgavision,
Thank you for the feedback. We will analyze it and share our feedback soon.

1 Like

@orgavision,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue has been resolved precisely now. We will provide you the fixed version in the next week.

@orgavision,

Please try our latest fix:
aspose-cells-21.6.5-java.zip (7.3 MB)

@Eric.wang I can confirm that the issue is fixed with the provided artifact of 21.6.5 (both the issue with UI and data processing). Thank you. When will it be released? Will it be released as 21.7?

@orgavision,
Good to know that your issue is sorted out. We only publish official releases on Nuget\maven repos. We will publish our next official release, i.e., Aspose.Cells for Java v21.7 (which will also include your fix) in the third week of July, 2021.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43436) have been fixed in this update.