We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.cells in Java and Macros

Hi,

The Key features of Aspose.cells in Java states that Aspose supports macros. I was searching for an example or API to see how to use it but I was not successful. Can you please guide us on how to run/write macros using Aspose. Either through an API or an Example?

Thanks,
Shri

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Video Tutorials - Aspose.Cells for Java

Hi,

I am afraid your requested feature of running/writing macros programmatically through Aspose.Cells is not supported. Aspose.Cells only supports to preserve the macros which are in your template file and save the file with them. It does not support to run/write or manipulate macros. We have already registered this feature in our internal work list with issue id: CELLSJAVA-20489.

Once we have any update about it, we will let you know about it.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

This is very required feature from my project stand point of view. We have 1000 of excel templates which contains many macros for formatting. So we need to keep these templates intact and then get business logic into Java. So we need to run macros without installing Office suite on server.

Please let me know when this feature will be available in Aspose Java.

Thanks

Hi,

I am afraid, we have no plan to support it in near future as we are engaged some other important tasks/issues at the moment.

We will check if we can analyze it in the next few days and if we are done, we may provide you an eta for it.

Thanks for your understanding!