Aspose.Cells lic file throwing com.aspose.cells.CellsException

We have a temporary License for a month or so, but when trying to setup in
a Spring based Java web application, it throws the following error:

com.aspose.cells.CellsException: The license is not valid for this product.

I noticed the lic file has these lines:

Aspose.Cells for .NET Enterprise 29e59765-d938-45fc-ac58-43acf1dd6f93 20190604 20180704 Please help!

@sshanti,

Does your temporary license work fine in common Java program now. I mean one month is passed (as you pointed out) and temporary license is only valid for 30 days. After 30 days, you may not use it.

We did not have a Java license, but .NET. That was the problem. But I have another question.
What is the difference between:

1. 20190607
  2. 2018055555707
    I need to log the licenseExpiry in my code, but there is no API to get that.
    Only License.getSubscriptionExpireDate() is available.
    How do I get LicenseExpiry info?

Thanks,
Shanti

@sshanti,

Yes, .NET license is not valid and will not work for Java environment. You need to have Java license to work with Java environment.

1. License.getSubscriptionExpiryDate denotes the expiry date of the license in a sense when your subscription will be expired. Suppose you purchase the license (other than temporary license) for the API. Open your license file into notepad and check the tag "<SubscriptionExpiry>.....<SubscriptionExpiry>":
    e.g
    take the following line for example.
    <SubscriptionExpiry>20180529</SubscriptionExpiry>
    the date format is yyyy-mm-dd. It means the subscription was expired on May 29, 2018.
    Please note when subscription expires, it does not mean your license will be expired and won’t work any more after the subscription expiry date. It actually means you cannot use any Aspose version with the license (valid) that is released after your subscription expiry date. So, the license will work for ever if you continue to use it with any version which should be released before subscription expiry date.

Hope, this helps a bit.