Aspose Cells memory and performance configuration

Are there any documents that can guide to use aspose in a way that is memory and performance efficient. The major memory bottlenecks I see is when I try to create a Workbook with large files
From performance perspective, I am facing issues in workbook.calculateFormula and workbook.save.

Also is there a way to find out which function of excel takes how much time to process. This will help us in understanding some benchmarking figures. Can this be published with the release along with the hardware connfiguartion

@shahsidd1,

I think you can try to use MemorySetting.MEMORY_PREFERENCE option to optimize memory used for cells data to decrease the overall memory cost. When building large data set for cells, it can save a certain amount of memory. See the document for your reference.
https://docs.aspose.com/cells/java/optimizing-memory-usage-while-working-with-big-files-having-large-datasets/

Additionally, you may try using LightCells APIs, which is an efficient (even driven) mode to read and write large Excel files with huge list of data or contents in the worksheets. The LightCells API is useful for creating huge Excel spreadsheets and you would get better performance and efficiency. See the document with examples for your reference.
https://docs.aspose.com/cells/java/using-lightcells-api/

This may not be determined. The time cost and memory consumption for any function/feature totally depend upon underlying data type and structures.

Thanks amjad,

I had try using both the suggested approach however is there a way I can load only specified worksheet in memory and work on it. It will help us reduce the memory requirement.
As a continued question is there a way to break one workbook into number of workbooks where each workbook will only have related sheets. This will help reduce time in workbook.calculateFormula if each workbook is then processed in parallel.

If the above features are planned then can you please provide in which release will it be available.

Thanks
Siddharth Shah

@shahsidd1
Regarding loading only the specified worksheets, you can set a loading filter to specify the worksheets that need to be loaded when loading the file. Please refer to the following documents

Regarding dividing a workbook into several workbooks, you can use the copy operation of the worksheet according to your specific situation to achieve the goal. Please refer to the following documents.