Aspose.Cells.Net 8.5.x slow in calculations

Hi,

We have been using Aspose.Cells for .NET for some time to process our Excel template reports and present it in a web page. They are a combination of Excel and Custom formulae (mainly custom formulae). We have just upgraded to Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.5.2 from v8.2. With the new version it takes almost twice as long to process the reports. Some of our reports contain more sheets than others and in these cases it is very noticeable. With the new version I had to change the Custom Formula calculations to resolve the paramters passed to it as it was not resolving references. Previously the parameters passed to the function were the actual values. Is this something you are aware of or can you point me to ways to optimise the code?

I am attaching the relevant parts of the code

Thanks,

Behzad Samadianpour

Hi Behzad,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

To compare the performance difference between v8.5.2 and v8.2, please provide us two console applications with your sample code and source excel files. The first should be running with v8.5.2 and second should be running with v8.2.

We will then executed your console applications at our end and observe the time difference and in case we found v8.2 performance results are better than v8.5.2 then we will log a ticket in our database for product team to investigate and fix this issue.

Also we will be able to analyze your sample code in your console applications by running them and suggest you any optimization that could be incorporated to enhance the performance. Thanks for your cooperation.