Aspose Cells.Net Open .xls when it has a alert message/error

I tried searching, but couldn’t find a way around my problem. I’m trying to open up various Excel files that have some type of Excel message. See attached.

It won’t allow me to open the file in code. if I open the file, clear the box, then resave, then it works fine. I just need to know if there’s a way to bypass that alert message so the file can load properly.

Code:

LoadOptions LDOs = new LoadOptions();

LDOs.LoadDataOptions = new LoadDataOption();

LDOs.LoadDataAndFormatting = true;

Workbook wb = new Workbook(filePath, LDOs);

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

It seems your output excel file gets corrupt with Aspose.Cells. However such issue might already be fixed in the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.6.0.2
. So please download it and give it a try to see if it makes any difference.

If your issue still occurs, then please provide us your sample excel files and sample code replicating this issue. We will look into it and help you asap.

Actually, the files aren’t being created with Aspose.

They were created by external vendors, I’m just trying to open the files.

Hi,

Thanks for providing further details.

Well, it looks like your template file (created by external vendor) is corrupt. Generally if a file is corrupt, Aspose.Cells does not open the corrupt file. Anyways, as stated by Shakeel Faiz, please give it a try with our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.0.2 (link is already shared in the previous post) if it works fine.

If you still find the issue, do share the template file, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

I’ll try that, but if I open up the file manually, click the alert box the file opens ok. I just need a way to bypass those messages.

Hi,

Do you mean when the corrupted file is processed by Aspose.Cells APIs that output file is generated from the template file, Ms Excel should not show error when opening the output file into it? I am afraid, if the template file is corrupt, the output file might also be corrupt. Anyways, first try our latest version/fix if it makes any difference.

Thank you.