Aspose Cells .NET with MONO fails to open file with embedded image

Dear support engineers,

We have faced Aspose Cells for .NET (including the latest version) failing to open the file with .BMP picture in it. That only happens when running on Mono (on .Net all goes fine). Mono version used is: 5.8.0.103.

The code that fails is:
var doc = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(inputFile);

The sample file is included. in.zip (33.0 KB)

@isherov

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We have tested your issue with the Mono. It is working fine. Please check the following files as shown inside the provided screenshot.

i.e.

• Aspose.Cells.dll
  • in.xlsx
  • Program.cs
  • Program.exe

Download Link:

Screenshot:

Thank you for the prompt answer. The only thing I forgot to notice is that the issue is actual for Linux.

@isherov

Thanks for your feedback. We will look into issue further on Linux and update you in coming week in next few days.

@isherov

I have tested this issue on Ubuntu (Linux) and everything executed fine and your workbook also opened fine. I also converted it to Pdf and it got converted as well.

Please see the following screenshot for your reference.

Let us know what DLL you are using e.g.

• net20
  • net35
  • net40
  • net40-client
  • netstandard2.0
  • Xamarin.Android
  • Xamarin.iOS

I tested this issue on net20 dll. You can get it from my previous post. i.e. #3

Please also let us know if your issue occurs with your given xlsx file only. Please also provide screenshots or video to help us look into this issue further.

Screenshot

Hello, Shakeel!

Thank you for the sample program. I tested sample files with it. The one that I attached earlier runs Ok, but I found some files that cause crash. I attached the zip with those files, along with stacktrace and debug output.
samples.zip (2.5 MB)

Best regards,
Ivan

@isherov

We were able to observe NullReferenceExceptions while opening your provided new Excel files as shown in the following screenshot.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-46101 - NullReferenceExceptions on opening Excel files on Mono Ubuntu Linux

Screenshot:

@isherov

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-46101 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@isherov

Please download and try the following fix for your issue CELLSNET-46101 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46101) have been fixed in this update. Please also check the document/article for your reference: Install Aspose Cells through NuGet|Documentation