Aspose.Cells not supported on macOS due to System.Drawing.Common (>= 7.0.0) dependency

Microsoft has removed support of the * System.Drawing.Common (>= 7.0.0) package on macOS with the release of NET70, and the latest Aspose.Cells package has a >= 7.0.0 constraint for this package. Could you please roll back to >= 6.0.0 until this dependency is removed and the package is fully compatible with macOS?

@rafaeloliveira,

It seems you are using latest version/fix, i.e., Aspose.Cells 23.1.0. We have both options now. I think you may try to use SkiaSharp library instead of System.Drawing.Common on non-Windows systems. See the document for your reference.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi, thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately that solution is not ideal, as if any other library uses System.Drawing.Common on NET60, the chain is broken. Would be better to just have the >6.0.0 constraint and let the users select the most appropriate versions.

@rafaeloliveira,

We are sorry that the suggested option may not suit your needs. Anyways, we will evaluate your requirements in details and get back to you.

@rafaeloliveira,

After discussing with the team (internally), we have decided that we will release v23.1.1 to Nuget repos. that uses System.Drawing.Common 6.0.0 for Aspose.Cells for .NET6 assembly.

1 Like

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-52605

You can obtain Paid Support services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi @rafaeloliveira
We will release Aspose.Cells 23.1.1 to Nuget repos to fix this issue.

1 Like

@rafaeloliveira,
Aspose.Cells 23.1.1 is available on nuget now. Please try it.

Thanks for the super quick update! I’ve just checked here, but it seems like there’s one more place to update the dependency on the package:

image.png (47.3 KB)

I.e. the net7.0-windows7.0 target still mentions System.Drawing.Common >= 7.0.0, where it could also be set to >=6.0.0 and still work fine (this is Microsoft’s own recommendation to keep using the System.Drawing package on macOS for now)

@rafaeloliveira
We will update the dependency of Net7.0 in next release version 23.2.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-52605) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi