Aspose.cells Old Excel format Biff5

Hello. I want to convert excel file to pdf. but my file is old excel format Biff5. Is Aspose.Cells support old excel format Biff5.

@martintopchyan,

Thanks for your query.

See the document on supported input and output document formats by Aspose.Cells APIs for your reference:

Please note, Generally Aspose.Cells APIs supports BIFF8 or greater formats (Excel 97 - Excel 2010/2013, Excel 2016 or later) completely. However, in recent versions, it now supports to load (only) BIFF7 or older formats, i.e., Excel 95/5.0 but it cannot save or render the older format. Unfortunately, there isn’t a dynamic way to tackle your situation unless you manually change/re-save the format of the spreadsheet (to “Excel 97- 2003 Workbook” or “Excel Workbook”, etc.) while using MS Excel (e.g 2003/2007-2013/2016) application and then load the re-saved spreadsheets with Aspose.Cells APIs. Now Aspose.Cells will work fine to read your file to render to PDF file format.

@Amjad_Sahi Thank’s for reply

@martintopchyan,

We recommend you to kindly try upgrading to and use latest version of the product which includes support for older BIFF7 (Excel 95/5.0 - 2003 Workbook) formats with enhancements now:

Also, see the document for supported input and output file formats by Aspose.Cells: