We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Cells produces a corrupted XLSX (regression 8.6.0.7 -> 8.6.1.6)

Please see attached sample file and script. With Aspose.Cells v8.6.1.6 the script generates a corrupted file, while the same code does not have this issue with Aspose.Cells v8.6.0.7.


Please take a look ASAP, this is a blocking issue for us. I cannot find a workaround for the issue. And we cannot revert to the previous version because other users depend on fixes that available in the version 8.6.1.6 and later.

Excel generates the following repair details when the generated file is opened:

Removed Part: /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable10.xml part. (PivotTable view)
Removed Part: /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable9.xml part. (PivotTable view)
Removed Part: /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable11.xml part. (PivotTable view)
Repaired Part: /xl/pivotCache/pivotCacheDefinition1.xml part with XML error. (PivotTable cache) Load error. Line 1, column 389.
Removed Feature: PivotTable report from /xl/pivotCache/pivotCacheDefinition1.xml part (PivotTable cache)
Removed Records: Workbook properties from /xl/workbook.xml part (Workbook)

Hi Dmitry,


Thank you for sharing the details.

Please try the case against the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.2.5 (attached) as it does not corrupt the resultant spreadsheets. It seems that the reported problem has already been addressed.

The issue is not solved, I tested against Aspose.Cells v8.6.3.


One more observation. Excel 2016 opens the file without any issues (at least it does not report any errors when opens the file). We use Excel 2007 in the organization, and it reports the errors:

Removed Part: /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable10.xml part. (PivotTable view)
Removed Part: /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable9.xml part. (PivotTable view)
Removed Part: /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable11.xml part. (PivotTable view)
Repaired Part: /xl/pivotCache/pivotCacheDefinition1.xml part with XML error. (PivotTable cache) Load error. Line 1, column 389.
Removed Feature: PivotTable report from /xl/pivotCache/pivotCacheDefinition1.xml part (PivotTable cache)
Removed Records: Workbook properties from /xl/workbook.xml part (Workbook)

Please take a look.

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for sharing more details.

Previously, I checked the resultant spreadsheet in Excel 2013, which didn’t allow me to observe the said problem, however, when I used Excel 2007 to load the resultant spreadsheet, I am able to see the issue. Moreover, the issue also occurs if the spreadsheet is generated with latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.3.2. I have logged this incident as CELLSNET-44161 for further investigation. I will further evaluate this scenario for possible regression to update you here.

Hi again,


This is to update you that we have raised the ticket CELLSNET-44161 as regression because we are able to get expected results while using Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.0 & 8.6.1. However, if we use v8.6.2 for spreadsheet generation (using your code) the resultant spreadsheet cannot be loaded with Excel 2007 without repair.

We will post our analysis results as soon as we have completed the preliminary investigation into this matter.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

It is to inform you that your issue should be fixed in about January 29, 2016.

I just logged another issue:

Aspose.Cells generates a corrupted XLSX file Excel 2007 fails to open

The issue is observed on a modified version of the same .xlsx file, so it might be related to the current issue. The only difference that in the new case, Excel 2007 fails to repair the file, so the file cannot be opened at all.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to replicate your another issue and logged it as well in our database for a fix. Once the fix is available for you, we will update you in that thread.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

It is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-44161 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.7.0.1 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44161) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44161) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(2)