Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose cells read true/false cell different then excel

I have a rather complex excel sheet where if i go to out_softvalidationresult Cell H3 excel displays the value false, but reading with aspose code reads the value true.

The error occurs on sheet Claimengine Cell DO 112 where excel displays a false and aspose reads a true.
Can you help me identify why aspose is reading true there (perhaps because of a wrong formula some where but i don’t see the error).

I use the latest version of aspose cells.

Hope that you can help me out.

Kind regards,

René

(Edit, BM, removed zipfile, may contain data)

@info.verne.nu,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-47029 – Incorrect value 'TRUE' retrieved from Cell instead of value 'FALSE'

Hi ahsaniqbalsidiqui,

I reproduced this issue in a different sheet. Where we have two cells with a similar formula however one cell reads no value (and return the number 0) and the other cell read the expected result (71).
When opening the sheet in excel both cells show the value 71.

Attached is the updated project file.

(Edit, BM, removed zipfile, may contain data)

@info.verne.nu,
Thank you for providing more information. We will analyse it and provide our feedback accordingly.

@info.verne.nu,

We evaluated your issue further.
The issue was caused by incorrect formula data for some cells in the template file. If the template file was created by Aspose.Cells, we are afraid you should re-generate the file with our new fix (attached). If it is impossible for you to re-generate the file in the original way, you may try:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(filename);
wb.Save("tmp.xlsx");
wb = new Workbook("tmp.xlsx");
wb.Save("newdoc.xlsb");

the newdoc.xlsb should be able to work for your case.

For your new issue/case, we will test it soon. At the same time, please try our latest fix/version Aspose.Cells for .NET 19.11.7, maybe the issue of the new case has already been fixed by it too.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.11.7 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.0 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.11.7 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.0 MB)

Hi ahsaniqbalsidiqui,

I updated the code with some additional lines like your sample.

Workbook wb = new Workbook(filename);
wb.Save("tmp.xlsx");
wb = new Workbook("tmp.xlsx");
wb.Save("newdoc.xlsb");

However saving the excel sheet first to xls and then to xlsb does not solve the problem.
I also upgrade the cells dll toversion 19.11.7 (see bin folder).
Hope you can take another look.

Regards,

René

(Edit, BM, removed zipfile, may contain data)

@info.verne.nu,

Thanks for the sample project and template files.

We will evaluate your issue thoroughly and get back to you soon.

@info.verne.nu,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-47029”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.