Aspose cells read true/false cell different then excel

I have a rather complex excel sheet where if i go to out_softvalidationresult Cell H3 excel displays the value false, but reading with aspose code reads the value true.

The error occurs on sheet Claimengine Cell DO 112 where excel displays a false and aspose reads a true.
Can you help me identify why aspose is reading true there (perhaps because of a wrong formula some where but i don’t see the error).

I use the latest version of aspose cells.

Hope that you can help me out.

Kind regards,

René

(Edit, BM, removed zipfile, may contain data)

@info.verne.nu,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-47029 – Incorrect value 'TRUE' retrieved from Cell instead of value 'FALSE'

Hi ahsaniqbalsidiqui,

I reproduced this issue in a different sheet. Where we have two cells with a similar formula however one cell reads no value (and return the number 0) and the other cell read the expected result (71).
When opening the sheet in excel both cells show the value 71.

Attached is the updated project file.

@info.verne.nu,
Thank you for providing more information. We will analyse it and provide our feedback accordingly.

@info.verne.nu,

We evaluated your issue further.
The issue was caused by incorrect formula data for some cells in the template file. If the template file was created by Aspose.Cells, we are afraid you should re-generate the file with our new fix (attached). If it is impossible for you to re-generate the file in the original way, you may try:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(filename);
wb.Save("tmp.xlsx");
wb = new Workbook("tmp.xlsx");
wb.Save("newdoc.xlsb");

the newdoc.xlsb should be able to work for your case.

For your new issue/case, we will test it soon. At the same time, please try our latest fix/version Aspose.Cells for .NET 19.11.7, maybe the issue of the new case has already been fixed by it too.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.11.7 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.0 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.11.7 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.0 MB)

Hi ahsaniqbalsidiqui,

I updated the code with some additional lines like your sample.

Workbook wb = new Workbook(filename);
wb.Save("tmp.xlsx");
wb = new Workbook("tmp.xlsx");
wb.Save("newdoc.xlsb");

However saving the excel sheet first to xls and then to xlsb does not solve the problem.
I also upgrade the cells dll toversion 19.11.7 (see bin folder).
Hope you can take another look.

Regards,

René

@info.verne.nu,

Thanks for the sample project and template files.

We will evaluate your issue thoroughly and get back to you soon.

@info.verne.nu,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-47029”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Is there any timeframe known when the fix can be downloaded?
The case is closed, however i’ve not been able to test the fix.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

René

@info.verne.nu,
The regular release will be done at the end of third week of December. However we are discussing the possibility to provide a hot fix and will share our feedback soon.

@info.verne.nu,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.11.9 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.11.9 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.0 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.11.9 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.0 MB)

Hi Amjed_Sahi,

Perhaps i don’t understand what to do but when i run my test case the results of the excel sheet still stay the same.
afbeelding.png (3.6 KB)

Attached the screenshot and the sample solution with the new cell.dll in it.

Removed attachment

Do you have any tips how to solve the problem?

Regards,

René

@info.verne.nu,
We have observed the issue and logged this information in our database for our reference. We will write back here as soon as some feedback is ready to share.

@info.verne.nu

We do not find any code of calculating formulas in your code segment. If you do not calculate the workbook, all cell values are those original values read from template file. For your template files and those specified cells, the original values saved in them are just those incorrect ones. The proper sequence should be:

filename = Path.Combine(basefilename, "tmp.xlsx"); 
document.Save(filename);
document = new Workbook(filename);
filename = Path.Combine(basefilename, "tmp.xlsb");
document.Save(filename);
document = new Workbook(filename);
document.CalculateFormula(true);
var sheet = document.Worksheets...;            ...

Hi Amjad_Sahi,

The calculate did the trick. I will now test it in the live environment.

Regards,

René

@info.verne.nu,

Good to know that the suggested code figures out your issue now. And, sure, please take your time to test in your environment.

In case, you still find any issue, let us know with details.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47029) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.12. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi

Hi AmJad_Sahi,

We found another issue that is related to this one.
I updated my sample code the previous errors are fixed, but on the same sheet we now have cell EH3 which in excel displays false, but when reading in aspose is reading true. Can you take a quick look what is happening, and why this is now failing?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Removed attachment

Regards,

René

@info.verne.nu,

Thanks for the sample project with template file(s).

I tested your scenario/ case using your both your sample code with template file and MS Excel (manually). I am afraid for your mentioned issue (“cell EH3 which in excel displays false, but when reading in Aspose is reading true”), when I opened the file into MS Excel or even re-calculate formula manually (by double clicking in the cell and press enter), it still shows “True”, so this seems to me an expected return value, see the screenshot (attached) for your reference.
sc_shot1.png (104.3 KB)

Hi Amjad_Sahi,

I see you screenshot but if i open ExcelSaveSample3.xlsb directly from the zip. I see False.
But i also see that in your screenshot fields EH13 have value and they should be empty. Can you please do a recheck or a screen sharing session with me?

see screenshot attached.
Regards,

Removed Attachement.