Aspose Cells Report Designer -- SSRS

I have a working rdl designed in Visual Studio 2008. I have multiple groups in a tablix.

I opened the same rdl in Aspose Excel Designer and I tried to create the same groups with fields in the dataset.

I saved my designed in Aspose Excel Designer and Reopened the rdl in Visual Studio to run and preview the report.

I see the Design I created in Aspose Excel Desginer has replaced the existing design in Visual Studio. Why does it do this ? I was just trying to create a template only for the XLSX - export format.

In Original Design I had expressions for the page breaks and the sheet name was displayed according to the group name . I am not sure how to accomplish all this in Aspose Excel Designer.

Could you please guide me on this ?

Thank You,
Haritha Kolli.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for RS.

We have logged this issue in our database and forwarded your question to our development team. We will help you asap.

This issue has been logged as SSRS-40015.

Hi,

Now Aspose.Cells.Report.Designer only gets data sources,data sets and report parameters from RDL designed in Visual Studio 2008.

When you use Aspose.Cells.Report.Designer to re-design report and save Aspose.Cells.Report.Designer updates report define file.

Aspose.Cells.Report.Designer does not support break page function. But you can design some report items at different worksheet.

If you need XLSX export format, you can Aspose.Cells.Renderer for Reporting Services or Visual Studio 2008.

At present Aspose.Cells.Report.Designer does not support multiple groups.

Hi,

We had new feature for supporting multiple groups in Aspose.Cells.Report.Designer.

Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.14.

Please refer to the attached file.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SSRS-40015) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.