Aspose.Cells runtime error

Hi,

We are using Aspose.Cells in .Net platform for a few years in our company. Last week only we renewed the license again. We have been getting an error 'Error occured in application' or 'Timeout Error' while exporting to Excel from the grid. Once we restart the application pool in IIS web server, it's working fine for 4,5 days and then suddenly this error is coming back.

Our customers have been complaining on this for a while. Please provide a solution for this.

Thanks,
Ramesh

Hi,

It looks very strange as you find this issue sometimes. We never encounter this type of issue. We recommend you to use our latest versions e.g v7.0.2, if you still find the issue, please create a sample application, zip it and post it here to reproduce the issue on our end. We will check it soon.

By the way, if you stick with older license with your older component version, do you still find the issue? Also, what happens if you use later versions and do not use license, do you still find the issue on regular basis? Please provide complete details and information (environment details, OS, .NET framework etc.), so that we could understand the issue.

Thank you.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Our server environment is Windows server 2003 (service pack 2) , ASP.Net Framework is 3.5, MS-Office 2003 (.xls is the data export file format).

We have been renewing the license yearly but our dlls Aspose.Cells and Aspose.pdf are older versions I suspect, please confirm. If it’s the case,

1. How can I get the latest versions and what’s the procedure to replace the old ones?

2. If any issue comes, how to revert back to the old version?

3. Any other actions/maintenance required for Aspose components?

I am attaching a file with Aspose dlls properties for your reference. This issue is occuring weekly for us now.

Regards,

Ramesh

Hi,

You don’t need to renew your license if you want to stick with older versions of the product (Aspose.Cells), your license will never be expired.

i. In Solution Explorer in VS.NET, expand your existing project node you want to add a reference to.
ii. Click the References node and right click on existing Aspose.Cells, right click on it and click remove it.
iii. Right-click the References node for the project and select Add Reference from the shortcut menu.
iv. In the Add Reference dialog box, select the .NET tab (selected by default). If you are using Dlls version, Browse to the Aspose.Cells.dll location and select it to add reference to the project.
etc.

1. Refer to the above process.
    Also, if you are using latest version and you find any issue, kindly report us and we will fix it soon.

2. Well, there is no additional actions required what so ever.
    But, one thing should be kept in mind as you are user older version before v5.0.0. Since the release of v5.0.0, we have made tremendous changes and enhancements in the API Structures. I think firstly you should check the release notes for different official versions of Aspose.Cells for .NET (especially v5.0.0 and 5.1.0 etc.).

Note: Check the description under “Notable Changes for Existing Users” for API changes.

Moreover, please check the documentation of the product for complete details:

For complete reference, please check the Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.2 API reference.

Thank you.