Aspose.Cells Saves in Old Format

I have an Excel file created in Excel 2003. I open the file in Aspose.Cells V4.4.1.10, make a change, and save it back in Excel2003 format. When I then open the file in Excel and close it without making any changes, Excel says "Microsoft Office Excel recalculates formulas when opening files last saved by an earlier version of Excel." Why does Excel think the file is in an older format? Is there something I can do to make Aspose.Cells save the file correctly?

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

This is just an info type message and nothing else, you may just skip it, if your file contains formula(s) in it, MS Excel will show this message.

Thank you.

Well it had formulas in it before Aspose.Cells opened it. Excel was not displaying the message until Aspose.Cells modified it. “Skipping” it is not a viable solution. These files used to be created out of Excel. Now we are trying to create them with Aspose.Cells. If users suddenly start getting this message, we will be inundated with tech support calls. Is there no way that Aspose.Cells can write this file the same way that Excel does so that this message is not displayed?

We will try to remove this message in the future version. Hopefully we can make it within one week.

Hi,

Please try this fix.

And please add code "workbook.ReCalcOnOpen = false;" before saving the file.See following codes:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

workbook.Open(@"F:\FileTemp\book1.xls");
workbook.ReCalcOnOpen = false;
workbook.Save(@"F:\FileTemp\dest.xls");

Three cheers for Aspose. You guys rock. This works great. Thanks!