Aspose.Cells throwing exception

We have a system that processes .XLS and .XLSX files. We use Aspose.Cells. Our version is old. From what I can tell it appears to be version 4.7.

I’ve debugged our code (C#) and an exception is thrown when we do WorkBook.Open(filename).

The exception is an ‘object reference’ error.

@fllicensing,

Thanks for your query.
Please share your sample file and code snippet with us for our testing. We will reproduce the problem and provide our feedback after analysis.

@fllicensing,

Since you are using older version of the product which might show such exception or limitation in it. We recommend you to upgrade to latest APIs set (e.g Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.2 (latest)), you might require to update your existing code when upgrading to latest APIs set.

For your information, over the years, we included many enhancements (regarding existing features) with other fixes and supported some new features. We have made the product more robust and feature rich APIs set now. We also recommend you to kindly see and browse Aspose.Cells for .NET Docs for your reference:

If you still find the issue using latest Aspose.Cells version, do share sample code and template file (if any), we will check it soon.

PS. please note, we cannot evaluate issues in older versions, the fixes are based on latest APIs set only. It is quite possible that in older version the feature might not be supported or might have an issue. Such kind of issue might be already fixed in newer versions. So we recommend you to kindly try using latest version of the product.

I thought that might be your response. We have a ticket on our backlog to upgrade our Aspose.Cells version. If we still have the problem after that then we’ll open another ticket with you.
Thanks

@fllicensing,

Thank you for your feedback and understanding in this regard. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other query related to Aspose.Cells.