Aspose.cells to PDF - Output PDF loosing table borders and wrong fonts

We are using aspose.cells to open a workbook and then saving as the PDF.

Earlier we'd used Microsoft Excel with Adobe Distiller to perform the same.

But aspose output PDF has not been matching with PDF generated by adobe distiller.

We've following issues;

1. Table borders are not coming proper. They are stripped out for some cells and not seems bold as it should be.

2. Fonts are different

3. Alightment of text within the cells should be centred, but they are appearing near to the cell borders

4. Huge file size with aspose (Distiller produces 22KB PDF and aspose its 120KB+)

For reference we are attaching the screen shots, input excel file and the output PDF files (by aspose and distiller) for comparing.

We are now using Aspose.Cell (5.2.2.0). We've even changed to use the most recent version but its getting worse.

Please guide.

Hi Abraham,

Thank you for providing the screenshots and your template file for our review.

I have evaluated your presented scenario while using the latest build of Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.7.0.3, and I am able to replicate the issue of loosing borders in the resultant PDF file, along with text spacing. A ticket (CELLSNET-42260) has been logged in our bug tracking system to further analyze the problem cause, and to provide a fix at earliest. Please note, I have compared the results of Aspose.Cells for .NET API with MS Excel, that is because Aspose.Cells API follows MS Excel guidelines in its implementation therefore it should generate similar results as of MS Excel.

For rest of your questions, please find below the answers in same sequence,

1. Issue reproduced and logged for ratification.
  2. Fonts in the Excel spreadsheet and result could be different due to only one reason, that is, at the time of conversion Aspose.Cells didn’t find the exact font on the machine so it choose another similar font for rendering. You can avoid this by installing the required fonts on the machine where conversion has to be performed. I would also suggest you to explicitly set the font directory in your code using the CellsHelper.FontDir property. In case the problem persists, please provide the fonts used in spreadsheet to further evaluate the said issue on our end.
  3. Issue reproduced and logged for ratification.
  4. PDF file generated on my end with Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.7.0.3 is 160KB whereas MS Excel generated the PDF of size 361KB, therefore I think the file size is acceptable as long as it is smaller in size as compared to MS Excel 2010.

If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to write back.

Hope you will reply back to this thread as I am not able to browse to CELLSNET-42260. Waiting for the fixes!!!

Hi Abraham,

Thank you for writing back.

I am afraid, you will not be able to access the ticket because it is for internal use only. As soon as we have any updates regarding your mentioned issue, we will post here for your kind reference. Moreover, we have just logged the ticket therefore it is currently pending for analysis. We will be able to share the ETA once we have isolated the problem cause. We will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi Abraham,

First of all, please accept our apologies for not getting back to you earlier.

In reference to the ticket logged earlier as CELLSNET-42260, please give a try to the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.4.2.2 on your side. Please also note that you have to install the fonts used in your provided sample on your machine to get the maximum fidelity. In case the API does not find the required fonts (Frutiger LT Std 47 Light Cn & Frutiger LT Std 57 Cn) it will try to substitute them with the ones available in the system’s font directory, and consequently the layout and formatting textual contents in the resultant PDF will be disturbed a little.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42260) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.