Aspose.Cells (v23.7) corrupts password-protected XLS files with ActiveX controls

Opening and saving a password-protected XLS file with ActiveX control on a worksheet corrupts the file. Excel shows the following message boxes after trying to open the saved file. After those messages, the file is opened but the ActiveX control is deleted.

I am attaching a sample application, a Visual Studio 2022 solution using C#.

https://files.axiomint.com/external/bbd7303bb6ed056adbb69f488b96a3ddde56cea0322da77ae02fe725cabf2611

Use the test file “TestFileProtected.xls” in folder “\TestPassProtectedXLS\bin\x86\Debug“.

It is a password-protected file with password “1234“ and an ActiveX Label control on the first sheet.

There are 2 buttons in the test application:

The first button that can be used for this is, “Open/Save“ which will just open and save (without any updates) the password-protected file under a different name: “TestFileProtected_Modified.xls”.

Just rebuild the project first to update the NuGet package for Aspose.Cells 23.7.

@LinkTek1,

Thanks for the template files and sample code.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your template file(s). I found that Aspose.Cells corrupts password-protected XLS files with ActiveX controls after re-save operation.

We need to evaluate your issue in detail. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-53980

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

@LinkTek1,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-53980”) has been resolved. The fix will be included in our upcoming Aspose.Cells v23.9 release, which will be released in the first half of September next month. You will be notified when a new version is released.

1 Like

Thanks @amjad.sahi.

I’ll look out for a notification about the release and test the fix once Aspose.Cells v23.9 is released.

@LinkTek1,

Sure, we will keep you posted with updates on release once available.

1 Like

@amjad.sahi Any updates since your previous comment?

@LinkTek1,

There is no concrete date for the new version as releases are published once ready. Aspose.Cells v23.9 release is on the cards, hopefully it will be published either this week or early next week.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-53980) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi