Aspose.Cells with ASP classic

Hi,
I’m an analyst/developer of web applications that runs on my Company’s intranet.

Many of them are old Classic ASP based applications, and only one is ASP.NET based (developed with Visual Studio 2010).

For all these application, I need a better control of Excel format data exports. After some web searches I’ve found your product, it seems to be a powerful tool for that scope.

Reading your help pages, I’ve found this :
“…moreover, the library can also be used with some other solutions like Classic ASP, PHP etc…”

I would like to receive confirmations about this and a link to some examples of ASP code.
Thank you

Best regards.
Enrico

Hi,

Thanks for your query.

Well, Aspose.Cells can be used in classic ASP via COM Interoperability. But I think, to use any custom .NET component (e.g Aspose.Cells APIs) in classic ASP is a bit challenging if you are rendering or manipulating different Excel file formats at every level and you would always need advanced technical skills. There might be some issues to cope with which might not be fixed all the time. So, we recommend you should create a wrapper assembly which should wrap Aspose.Cells and expose itself as a COM object. Please research on internet how to create a .NET assembly which could expose itself as COM object. You can bundle and use all your desired features of Aspose.Cells in your classic ASP. Besides this, we also recommend some users to use Aspose.Cells for Cloud (REST based APIs). Because these APIs can be used in any platform and languages for their needs.

Thank you.

Thank you Amjad,
your reply is very helpful.
Unfortunately I’m not skilled about COM Interoperability, so I’ll have to study hard to get results on this issue.

Just one last question: in the page you linked there is a Chapter named “Classical ASP example”, but I can’t see any link to the source code. Can you help me to find it?

Thank you again
Enrico

For your convenience,
this is the direct link to the “Classical ASP example” with missing link to code :

https://docs.aspose.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5013552#AccessingComponentfromCOMClients%28cellsNet%29-ClassicalASPexample

Hi,

I have made the example code visible now, could you try it again.

Thank you.

Perfect !
Now I can see the ASP code.

Thank you