Aspose.Cells workbook/file open fails when attempting to open the attached XLSM

Hey Aspose team,

In the attached file, we had a process where we attempt to open the file, clear the content of some of the cells, and then attempted to save the file again. It seems that just attempting to open the file with Aspose.Cells API is failing preventing it from getting to any of our other code.

Our assumption is that there may be an issue with workbook open and something with this document. Please let me know if there is any other information we could provide.

Thank you!

296861.zip (1.3 MB)

@trandall,
I have opened this file in MS Excel and observe that it is password protected and Excel can just open it in read only mode. When it is opened as read only, it contains some issues due to which MS Excel asks for permission to recover the file. As it is password protected, so it gain asks for password to recover/modify it.

This shows that there is issue in this file due to which Aspose.Cells is also raising exception. Please share some sample file which opens fine without any error in MS Excel. We will reproduce the issue here and provide assistance accordingly.

@trandall,

Could you please share the password to open the file. Also, share the code segment that you are using to reproduce the issue, we will check it soon.

Hi Amjad and Ahsaniqbalsidiqui,

I’ll work on getting these for you this morning. Thank you!

Hi Amjad and Ahsaniqbalsidiqui,

After reviewing the document and building a small sample application, it looks like if I let Excel repair the spreadsheet and then re-save it, I’m able to open the file just fine with Aspose.Cells.

My guess is that the file is corrupted in a way that Aspose.Cells wouldn’t be able to perform the same repair that Office Excel does. Does that seem correct?

Thank you!

@trandall,
Aspose.Cells cannot repair files similar to MS Excel. You may try to use files which are opened fine in MS Excel for better utilization of the Aspose.Cells library.

Hi Ahsaniqbalsidiqui,

Thank you for the confirmation, it is very helpful and will help my team better serve our customers going forward. I really appreciate the assistance.

We can consider this support issue resolved.

@trandall,
You are welcome and feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Cells.