Aspose Changes Background to Red

Hi, I am using Aspose words for Java using the JVM below. When I save as PDF, the background color is changed from white to red (see attached screenshots). The original file is a .doc, created with Word for Macintosh (not sure which version).

Unfortunately, I cannot send the file to you in full. I have been unable to simplify the file thus far (saving in Word silently corrects the issue and unzipping then removing text from the document file and re-zipping corrupts the file). If you have any tips or tricks for trimming down a .doc file, I can try to trim the file so that I can give it to you. Alternatively, if you have any code you want me to run the file through, I would be happy to do so.

Thanks!

java version “1.6.0_30”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_30-b12)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 20.5-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your inquiry. It may be that your Word document actually does have a red background and which becomes invisible when viewed in Print Layout View. In MS WORD you can turn On/Off this feature by following the path below:

File | Options | Advanced | Show Document Content | Show background colors and images in Print Layout view.

Let us know your findings, we’ll investigate the issue further and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

Thanks, I have confirmed this is not the cause. I also tried exporting to pdf directly from Word and it exports with the white background.

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without the document. I need this document to be able to reproduce the problem on my side.

Moreover, it is safe to attach files in the forum. If you attach your document here, only you and Aspose staff members can download it. Also you can send the file to my e-mail as described here:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/aspose-words-faq/2711

Best regards,

Thanks Awais,

My company’s data rules do not allow me to send this file to anyone, including Aspose staff members. Hopefully you can help me find a way to either trim down the file or perhaps you can give me some test code I can run to help diagnose the issue. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your request. Actually, we do not need your actual document, we need a simple example that will allow us to reproduce the problem. So you can remove all sensitive information from this document and attach it here for testing. unfortunately, without document we cannot diagnose the problem.

Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the input. When I submit bugs I generally trim down the file, but I have not been able to trim this file without fixing the issue. As I mentioned in my first post:
“I have been unable to simplify the file thus far (saving in Word
silently corrects the issue and unzipping then removing text from the
document file and re-zipping corrupts the file). If you have any tips or
tricks for trimming down a .doc file, I can try to trim the file so
that I can give it to you. Alternatively, if you have any code you want
me to run the file through, I would be happy to do so.”

Do you have any suggestions on how to trim down this file?

Hi there,

Thanks for this additional information.

I’m afraid it’s difficult to "trim"a DOC file as it’s a binary format. I think the best route would be to try gain permission to send us the original document from your client. We really need this document in order to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,