Aspose.Custom License Issue. Invoice Number: 050520071505

Hi Aspose,

Great products!!!

Today I purchased an “Aspose.Custom” comprising of Aspose.Pdf & Aspose.Word, Invoice Number: 050520071505

As indicated when purchasing, I chose the “Developer Enterprise Subscription” so as to be able to get the Word => PDF functionality.

I downloaded the “Aspose.Custom.lic.xml” (attached) and the Aspose.Word appears to be functioning correctly but I am still receiving the “Evaluation Only…” text when converting to PDF with Aspose.Pdf.

I am confident I am setting the license file correctly (same works for my Aspose.Word and Aspose.Excel)

// create PDF object
Pdf pdf = new Pdf();

// set license file
License license = new License();
license.SetLicense("Aspose.Custom.lic");

Please help.

Thank you

Matthew Tamm

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for purchasing Aspose.Custom.

I have moved your post from Aspose.Purchase and I expect our developers can support your licensing issue. Now I have a quick request. Could you post the exact evaluation message? It may be generated by Aspose.Word. Based on my understanding, you also need to set the license file in Aspose.Word. Anyway, shortly Dimitry or Roman or Tommy will reply to you.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for the positive report about our products.

Indeed, since both Aspose.Word and Aspose.Pdf are involved in the conversion, you should set license for each product. Use fully qualified names to avoid ambiguous references:

Aspose.Word.License wordLicense = new Aspose.Word.License();
wordLicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Custom.lic");

Aspose.Pdf.License pdfLicense = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
pdfLicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Custom.lic");

Hi again Aspose,

The evaluation message in the final PDF is:

Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Pdf. Copyright 2002-2005 Aspose Pty Ltd

As for setting the licenses for both products, I thought I was doing just what you have described above…

I use the ReSharper plugin for VS.Net and it automatically adds the using … to a class when you start using a object type for the first time… In this instance it added:

using WordLicense = Aspose.Word.License;

then later I:

WordLicense wordLicence = new WordLicense();
wordLicence.SetLicense("Aspose.Custom.lic");

and all is good, after now just double checking everything noticed that ReSharper had done the following:

using PdfLicense = Aspose.Word.License;

So when I was setting the license for Pdf by:

PdfLicense pdfLicence = new PdfLicense();
pdfLicence.SetLicense("Aspose.Custom.lic");

I was actually setting a Aspose.Word.License and I have no doubt that is why I am having the issue.

Sorry to waste all your time!

Again, great products, great support, Aspose will always get my recommendation!

Thank you

Matthew

Thank you for these good words. We are always happy to help you.