Aspose Diagram Java With Decision Shape

Awesome @asad.ali, it worked… thanks a lot for help.

1 Like

Hi @asad.ali I have another business scenario where i need your help. We are planning to put the hyperlinks in one of the shape text. Below is the business requirement for the same:

1. Hyperlink should be on the text of shape
  2. Hyperlink should be clickable that will open site (for an example: http://www.google.com)
  3. Hyperlink text should look like a hyperlink (underline and color blue)
  4. Hyperlink should be clickable in all the formats.

please let me know if you can provide sample code for the same in java.

@jitushrivastava

Please check following article(s) in order to add hyperlinks to the shapes in diagram.

In case you face any issue, please share your sample code snippet along with sample source files. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Thanks @asad.ali, i went through documentation and it really helped. thanks a lot.
My poc is almost completed and I believe business will be convinced to buy license. all thanks to your help and support.

@jitushrivastava

Thanks for your kind feedback.

Please keep using our API and in case you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks @asad.ali, I have another question but not sure if it is relevant for you or not.
My application is built using springboot microservice and i provide users to download files (generated through aspose). all the formats looks great except HTML, everytime when i am opening an html file it is missing the supporting files like toolbar.htm, img_0.png. Do you have any application that provides download of html file that you can share with me?

Hi @asad.ali, Now i figure out what is the issue, when i downloaded HTML format it is always putting the htm and png files under main_files and somehow iframe is not able to render the html page. please see the attached main_files and try to open it in your local and you will see the issue i am talking about.main_file.zip (1.0 KB)

My Idea is to convert a HTML file and download it when client requests the same

@jitushrivastava

Are your converting any Diagram into HTML and then downloading HTML files? If so is the case, please share your sample source diagram with us along and code snippet to convert it into HTML. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hi @asad.ali, I am getting license expired error since morning. i thought this temporary license will work for a year and we have to renew before next year sometime. please check and let me know what is needed to fix this because all our business associates are looking into the diagrams :frowning:

@jitushrivastava

The temporary license is awarded only for 30-days so that you can evaluate the API without any trial version restriction. However, if your evaluation is not completed and you still want to evaluate the API, you can request to extend the duration of your license in our Purchase forum where you will be assisted accordingly.

Thanks @asad.ali I got a extended license for another 30 days.
I am trying to include the header text but looks like it doesn’t work on visio format also i am not able to change the text font and properties. please see the below sample code that i am trying:

Diagram diagram = new Diagram(dataDir + “Drawing1.vsdx”);

diagram.getHeaderFooter().setHeaderRight("&p");

diagram.getHeaderFooter().setHeaderCenter(“Center of the header”);

diagram.getHeaderFooter().setHeaderLeft(“Left of the header”);

diagram.getHeaderFooter().setFooterRight(“Right of the footer”);
diagram.getHeaderFooter().setFooterCenter(“Center of the footer”);
diagram.getHeaderFooter().setFooterLeft(“Left of the footer”);
diagram.getHeaderFooter().setHeaderFooterColor(Color.getRed());
diagram.getHeaderFooter().getHeaderFooterFont().setItalic(BOOL.TRUE);
diagram.getHeaderFooter().getHeaderFooterFont().setUnderline(BOOL.FALSE);
diagram.save(dataDir + “EditConnectorGeometry_Out.vsdx”, SaveFileFormat.VSDX);

@jitushrivastava

Would you please share the sample Diagram as well i.e. Drawing1.vsdx. We will test the scenario in ou environment and address it accordingly.

Hi @asad.ali,
This code is got it from gitlab from the example.
please see the attached Drawing1.vsdxDrawing1.zip (22.9 KB)

Hi @asad.ali, our main goal is to have header on the top right corner that will have description about the diagram. please let me know if you can find the solution to this solution.

@jitushrivastava

We also noticed similar issue in our environment and logged it as DIAGRAMJAVA-50700 in our issue tracking system. We will further check this in details and keep you posted with its correction status. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi @asad.ali please keep a note that this header should work on all the formats like png, pdf, html and visio.

@jitushrivastava

The header/footer in the output diagram was present. You can view the diagram in print mode to see the header/footer. The related logged ticket will be closed now.
headerfooter.PNG (4.4 KB)

We are responding to your similar inquiry in other thread.