Aspose Document Viewer

Hi,
From what I understand Aspose has a Document Viewer and have a couple of questions about that.

1. What types of files can Aspose Document Viewer open?
  2. Does it open the documents within the browser within the viewer?
  3. What functionality does the viewer have? We are looking for:
    -Ability to view thumbnails
    -Zoom in/out
    -Print from viewer
    -Rotate page/all
    -Page Counter
    -Fit to page
    -Paging through document
    -Delete page
    -Save
    We are looking for a solution that functions like Adobe plug-in, but that will work in Microsoft Edge. Will the Aspose Document Viewer working in Microsoft Edge?
    Thanks for your help!
    Krista

Hi Krista,

We do not offer any viewer; you can go for the viewer offered by our sister company GroupDocs. Please visit http://groupdocs.com/ and check the features offered by GroupDocs viewer and post your query there if you have any confusion.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response!
Are these types of things no longer available:

Thanks,
Krista

Hi Krista,

No viewer is part of Aspose APIs however you can convert documents to images and then use any image viewer to load those images. The viewer referenced in your second link is a plugin which is using Aspose.Words for .NET at backend to convert Word documents to images.

You can extend it to convert and load other document types or build your own viewer following the same pattern.

Best Regards,

@krista.souhrada

I can see from your original query that you were looking for web based viewers for various file formats. I’m happy to update you that we have built web viewers for various file formats at aspose.app.

Here you can find a list of the viewers supported:

Please note that all these viewers were built using Aspose APIs. So you can also use Aspose file APIs to built such customized viewers for your own applications and products.

You can use GroupDocs Viewer for .NET and Java as well to add viewer functionality in your own applications.

We can also help you get started with free consulting about how to use Aspose APIs.

With free consulting, we help you with small projects so you can get started quickly and build your apps. Please note that, we also offer paid consulting, where you can pay to get your application built for you.

So please feel free to explore all the viewer apps I shared above along with other options to see which option suits you well. We’re looking forward to help you out.

@ shahzadlatif
We have the Aspose total license in place right now.
Is it possible to implement the mentioned Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. viewers hosted OnPrem included to the Aspose total license? The goal is not to transfer the original files to Aspose due to Compliance reasons but at the same time being able to use this feature in order to enable online viewing of office documents within the web browser.

@ChrisDe,

You may refer to/browse and download the source code of different viewer apps @ github repos. for your reference.

etc.

Hello, thank you for your response.
Unfortunately that doesn’t answer my question. I would like to know if we are able to self-host a version of the “Aspose Document Viewer” (Word, PDF Viewer Online). I looked in the repo for aspose words, but wasn’t able to find source code for the viewer!? Can you give us further information for this?

@ChrisDe,

Yes, we removed the source code of Aspose Document Viewer from Github repos. later on as it has some issues. After (internal) discussions, we now decide not to make aspose.app open source anymore at GitHub, so we will remove source codes of all apps from Github repos. soon. Instead we will launch our new Tutorials module for the users who need to build a similar app found at aspose.app. In short, we will create different tutorials using our APIs, so users can learn APIs and they can easily build the similar apps on their own by themselves.

@amjad.sahi could you provide bugged source code for the viewer/editor?
since the online version is ok for demo, even there are some bugs on them, I can spend some time to fix them. It is important that I need a same viewer/editor to view/edit the uploaded files.

It is required option for me to get the decision to buy the product license for integrating to my own software, to launch a viewer/editor for my users. thanks for help.

@jim.song,

Do you want source code of Aspose Document Viewer app?

yes, I need the viewer/editor apps source code to build my own online service.
for the doc/excel/pdf/3d… all formats.

there are as many formats as possible for the uploaded files by the users, the website I build need to let them online view(edit) the files smotthly.

@jim.song,

You may get the viewer apps (projects) of Aspose.Cells, Aspose.PDF and Aspose.3D and check the source codes @ github repos.
https://github.com/aspose-cells/Aspose.Cells-for-.NET/tree/master/Demos
https://github.com/aspose-pdf/Aspose.PDF-for-.NET/tree/master/Demos
https://github.com/aspose-3d/Aspose.3D-for-.NET/tree/master/Demos

We don’t have demos app for Aspose.Words @ github repos. at the moment.

@amjad, would you please share the already buggy version, and then I can try to build my own webapp?

@jim.song I am afraid sources of Aspose.Words Editor and Viewer demos are not currently avaialble. We are currently working on actualizing the demo applications. The task is logged as WORDSNET-24764 . We will keep you updated and let you know once the demos are updated. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.