Aspose does not ensure track changes on MS Word while editing into a MS Word document

Description of the defect : Aspose does not ensure track changes on MS Word while editing into a MS Word document.

Scenario : MS word document was edited through the Aspose on a contract (Word document) where “track changes” was enabled. But the edits to word document does not show up as tracked changes and the tracking updates are lost. We need to have the Aspose fixed such that any updates to the word document edits through the ASPOSE software would need to tracked as changes into the MS Word document.

This has been an ongoing issue within this product. What is the estimated fix date for this issue?

This message was posted using Email2Forum by haley.stuart.

Hello

Thanks for your request. When you modify a document using Aspose.Words, these modifications are done to the document directly and will not appear as tracked changes.
We do have a feature request to make changes made via Aspose.Words appear as tracked changes, but at the moment it is not scheduled for implementation yet. We might schedule it later on, but I cannot promise at this stage.
Best regards,

Is there any update on this issue

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have linked this forum thread to the following feature. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

WORDSNET-9642 : Make it possible to manually add revisions

I have verified the status of this feature (WORDSNET-9642) from our issue tracking system and like to share with you that this feature has been planned for development. If everything goes by plan, we are very hopeful to include this feature in Aspose.Words’ May 2014 release i.e. 14.5.0.

Please note that this estimate is not final at the moment;
I will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as this feature is available.

Moreover, we had logged another feature to work with track changes programmatically as WORDSNET-754 (Make it possible to track all changes made programmatically). You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-754) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9642) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)