Aspose.Drawing Conflicts with System.Drawing.Common in Aspose.Slides for .NET

Hi! We have problems in converting Slides to PNG in Linux with libgdiplus.
Can i use Aspose.Drawing.dll instead System.Drawing.Common.dll in Aspose.Slides for .NET to avoid errors from “libgdiplus”?
If yes, how can i do it?

Now when i add Aspose.Drawing from NuGet to current project, i have many errors CS0433 like this:

|Error|CS0433|The type ‘ImageFormat’ exists in both ‘Aspose.Drawing, Version=21.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’ and ‘System.Drawing.Common, Version=4.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51’ Preview.Conversion.StandartPlugin

“System.Drawing.Common.dll” in dependencies “Aspose.Slides for .NET”
Preview - Microsoft Visual Studio (Administrator).png (2.4 KB)

This bug from libgdiplus
libgdiplus linux artefact.png (78.9 KB)

@demonspe,
Welcome to our community! Thank you for the issue description. I added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-42656 in our tracking system. Our development team will investigate this case. I answer your questions as soon as possible.

@demonspe,
Our development team investigated the issue. It is not possible to use Aspose.Drawing library for Slides instead of System.Drawing.Common on Linux. System.Drawing.Common is .NET Standard library that defines abstraction of the graphic system. The actual implementation used by System.Drawing.Common depends on the platform it runs on. For Windows, it will be GDI, for Linux - libgdiplus. Aspose.Slides refers to System.Drawing.Common and this reference cannot be easily replaced with something else.

To investigate this case and help you, please share and specify the following:

• input presentation file
  • code example reproducing the problem with text
  • version of Linux

Thanks for your answer! We will prepare test app for this case. In this or next week.

Good day.
I’m a demonspe’s colleague.

Here are minimal project to reproduce the problem.
Please check Readme file in archive.

PowerPointConverter.7z (1000.5 KB)

Also i upload examples with incorrect conversion problem.
1.png (74.4 KB)
4.png (150.1 KB)

If you have any questions, please quote me.

@0x0dh,
I will answer you as soon as possible.

@0x0dh,
I was unable to reproduce the text issues shown in your screenshots, but similar issues appeared. I added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-42734 in our tracking system. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when these issues are fixed. It would be great if you could check the problems with the latest version of Aspose.Slides and share the results.

Aspose.Slides 21.7 have similar issue.

This fix will be only in new version of library or in 21.5 too?

@0x0dh,
Unfortunately, there will not be any changes in version 21.5. I requested an estimated time to fix this issue from our development team. I will let you know soon.

@0x0dh,
The issue investigation has been scheduled for 2021/W34 week. The release version with the fix will be known after investigation.

@Andrey_Potapov
Hello. Any news?

@0x0dh,
Our development team is still working on the issue. I requested the estimated time to fix this problem again. I will let you know as soon as possible.

@0x0dh,
Our development team investigated the issue. The problem is that the Windows font package included in the container (ttf-mscorefonts-installer) does not include the Segoe UI font. For the presentation to be displayed using the Segoe UI font, the font must be included in the container separately.

I attached a container creation file in which this font is explicitly installed (Dockerfile.zip). To create the container correctly, the Segoe UI font group must be placed in the publish/fonts folder. In the future, you can yourself choose how and where to place and use fonts to include them in the container.

Please let us know if this recommendation solves your problem. If the issue persists, we will continue to investigate it.

Hi, I am facing the same problem. I am using Aspose.Slides for .NET

My actual error on the Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS server is

** (process:1): WARNING **: 05:52:56.847: Path conversion requested -1437352704 bytes (7681216 x 5643055). Maximum size is 8388608 bytes.

I found the answer to this error in this link

After following the above link, When I started using Aspose.Drawing for .NET with Aspose.Slides for .NET, I get the error

CS0433|The type ‘Bitmap’ exists in both ‘Aspose.Drawing, Version=21.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’ and 'System.Drawing.Common, Version=5.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51

I am trying to generate thumbnails using the following line

// Create a full scale image
Bitmap bmp = sld.GetThumbnail(1f, 1f);

Please help.

@umaima.surti,
Welcome to our community! Thank you for contacting support. Could you share a simple project reproducing the error, please?