Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose drops header/footer from altchunk document

I have a docx file that contains an altchunk. We’ll call it Main.docx. While inspecting the open xml package of the Main.docx, I can see there is an afchunk2.docx inside of it. This, of course, is the document that will replace the altchunk section. The afchunk2.docx contains a header and footer. Main.docx does not contain a header or footer.

When opening Main.docx in Word, we can see the header and footer from the chunk document appearing in Word. This is what we expect.

When going through Aspose by doing Document doc = new Document(“main.docx”) and then doc.Save(), the resulting document does not include the header and footer. Inspecting the ‘doc’ object does not see a header or footer on any of the sections.

Is this just how Aspose handles altchunks versus Word or is there something I may be missing? The LoadOptions don’t seem to cover any altchunk handling. We are using version 18. Thanks.

@marcus.payne,

Please ZIP and upload your input Word documents (Main.docx and afchunk2.docx files) here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Here is the zip file. It contains main.docx. The afchunk2.docx is inside the main.docx xml package so you would have to extract it to see it. Thanks.Main.zip (23.5 KB)

@marcus.payne,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-16555. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Is there a time frame on when we can expect this issue to be fixed? Thank you.

@marcus.payne,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue (WORDSNET-16555) is not resolved yet and there are no estimates available at the moment. We will update you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved or any estimates are available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16555) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.6 update.