Aspose Email 21.1.0 messes up PresentationCore and other References

Hello Aspose

We’re developing a project that references many Aspose components, including Aspose.Email

Our project targets .NET Framework 4.6.2

Our project also includes references to the following:
PresentationCore 4.0.0.0
PresentationFramework 4.0.0.0
ReachFramework 4.0.0.0

We like to keep our Aspose NuGet packages up to date so when I checked today I found that our Aspose package for Aspose Email could be updated from 20.12.0 to 21.1.0

When I updated those NuGet packages I found that the 3 references I mentioned above are changed and they now reference the 3.0.0.0 versions of these packages. What’s more, these target only an x86 architecture so when I try to rebuild the project targeting the 64-bit platform I get warnings about mismatches there, and to add to the problems the system appears to then no longer recognise references to standard controls such as System.Windows.Controls.Calendar causing the build to fail both in x86 as well as in x64 configurations

Obviously we cannot use Aspose.Email 21.1.0 as it currently stands and we had to revert back to using build 20.12.0

Can this please be corrected?

Many thanks

@kidkeogh

Can you please share the sample Visual Studio project along with snapshot of warning image so that we can try to reproduce and log that in our issue tracking system.

Hello @mudassir.fayyaz

I tried this in a sample project but the issue didn’t arise. The main solution in which this happens is too big too share - 42 projects. So the best I can do is show you what happens:

ReferenceChanges.zip (3.6 MB)

When I try to rebuild the project I get these warnings:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error BC32210 Multiple assemblies with equivalent identity have been imported: ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework.NETFramework\v4.6.2\ReachFramework.dll’ and ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0\ReachFramework.dll’. Remove one of the duplicate references. KHFramework C:\GitSC\Framework\KHFramework\vbc 1 Active
Error BC32210 Multiple assemblies with equivalent identity have been imported: ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework.NETFramework\v4.6.2\PresentationFramework.dll’ and ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0\PresentationFramework.dll’. Remove one of the duplicate references. KHFramework C:\GitSC\Framework\KHFramework\vbc 1 Active
Error BC32210 Multiple assemblies with equivalent identity have been imported: ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework.NETFramework\v4.6.2\PresentationCore.dll’ and ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0\PresentationCore.dll’. Remove one of the duplicate references. KHFramework C:\GitSC\Framework\KHFramework\vbc 1 Active

@kidkeogh

I have created a ticket with ID EMAILNET-40064 in our issue tracking system to further investigate this on our end. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be investigated.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-40064) have been fixed in this update.

1 Like

hello @mudassir.fayyaz

Just a quick note to say I retrieved the new 21.1 build from NuGet and, indeed, the issue is fixed.

Many thanks for this very quick turnaround.

@kidkeogh

Thank you for sharing the valuable feedback.

1 Like

We’ve upgraded Aspose.Email to version 21.3.0 in a ASP.net MVC 5 project.
It additionally added following references:

• PresentationCore

• PresentationFramework

• ReachFramework

• System.Management

• System.Printing

• System.Xaml

We don’t like to have those references in a web project. May you remove them again?
Thanks in advance.
Peter

@peterHoeber,
Welcome to our community! Thank you for the issue description. I have logged the issue in our tracking system with ID EMAILNET-40191. You will be notified when it is fixed.

1 Like

Good day
any news regarding that issue?
Thanks

@peterHoeber,
A fix for the issue has been planned to be released in Aspose.Email 21.5.

1 Like

@peterHoeber,
Our development team investigated the issue. Unfortunately, these references cannot be removed. They are necessary for the Aspose.Email functionality.