Aspose.Email.AsposeException: Unable to read data from the transport connection

Hi there,

I am getting an error message while using the IAMP4 protocol in the client.

Aspose.Email.AsposeException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. —> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)

Could you please help to suggest where should be looking to investigate this issue in our environment? Could this be a network, exchange server or client issue?

TIA,
Romil

@romilcse,

Could you please share which Aspose.Email API client you are using at your end? Please make sure that you are using the latest version of API. Also, the API provides logging facility for IMAP, SMTP and POP3 clients that you can enable in your environment for further information in this regard.

Hi Kashif,

Thank you for responding. I am sorry, as I do not have much details. We are using an enterprise solution which have an email client to import emails. The provided logs are generated from that email client. I will see if I can generate more logs, meanwhile if you have any suggestion, kindly suggest.

@romilcse,

Is it possible for you to use Outlook to connect to the same account with credentials and see if Outlook works with that account? If that works, we need access information to such an account or another test account on the same server where we can use the API’s IMAP client to reproduce the issue at our end. If its possible for you, please share such a test account’s credentials with us for further investigation at our end.