(Aspose.Email Evaluation) in Subject lines

Hello Support,

We have an application which logs into an IMAP mailbox and downloads the messages and stores them in a PST file using Aspose.Email version 5.9.0.

Our application strangely works correctly for one email address on the IMAP server. However, when we try to access any other accounts, the subject line has (Aspose.Email Evaluation) added to the messages.

We have confirmed my license is loading. And have tried by loading the file directly and embedding the license.
When the application starts “license.IsLicensed” returns true.

The license was purchased today (Nov 12, 2015). We have also tried with a trial license issues today with the same results.

Any suggestions?

Hi Mike,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

Can you please verify that the license is set before any call is made to the API? If it is so, please share your license file with us so that we can investigate the issue at our end and assist you further. Please follow these instructions to send your license file to us for our assistance.

Hi Muhammad,

Yes, I have verified that the license is is being loaded.

I have tried loading it just by name, by full path and as an embedded file.

The app throws an exception if the license is not found.

license.IsLicensed report true when the file is successfully loaded.

I have tried setting the license at the top of my class, in the class constructor and inside every method accessing the mail objects.

I have made sure the license objects is created and set before any of the other mail objects.

I have tried a new very simple project based on the C# .Net save to file example, and it adds the same “Evaluation” text to the subject.

I can send you my sample project if that helps.

Thank you,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for sharing the license files.

We have tested the issue by connecting to an Office 365 test account and retrieving the message from inbox. The email is saved to disc without any evaluation message in the presence of the provided license file. Please find a test application attached here for your reference. It contains the test account credentials for your testing purpose. Please try it at your end and if the issue still persists, please share your sample application with us (along with the test servers that you are trying to connect to for downloading messages) for our investigation into this issue. We shall assist you further accordingly.

Hi Muhammad,

That looks very similar to the code I used in my test application. The mailboxes I’m testing with has hundreds of emails in it. With one account, will download x (100+) messaged and then start adding the evaluation to the subject.

On all of the other accounts, it adds the evaluation to the subject for every message.

Something is not right either with the licence, or the version 5.9 code. I have tired the DLLs only and the installer versions. I have also tried version and 5.7 with the same results.

Thank you,
Michael

Hi Michael,

It seems to be a strange issue and requires further analysis. Therefore, you are requested to send us your application, which can be compiled and executed here. It will help us to re-produce the scenario and provide assistance accordingly.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

I send you a copy of the project.
Thank you,
Michael

Hi Mike,

We have tested the issue with your sample application as well and no evaluation message is added. We have put around 500 messages in the test email we shared earlier with you. I request you to please share your test account credentials with us so that we can test the issue with that particular account and share our feedback with you.

Credentials sent to you.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for sharing the credentials.

We have tested this issue at our end with both the test accounts you have shared and downloaded messages from these. None of the message have evaluation message in the message subject. You can check the downloaded messages from here that we have uploaded for your reference. Please share your feedback with us once you analyze the files at your end.